Start Up Music

Guest Johnson

:lmaojump: how can I get some music into my script .. so when its opened it plays music on start up .. iv seen it in another scripts .. Two that I remember are i.e Ozzys Good Old Kenobi and Rumbaars Hybrid :D

You don't have to use exactly "start.wav" but you do need to make sure that the directory, filename and file extension are correct. To make things simple, use //run $mircdir and place the file there then use on *:start:{ splay $mircdirstart.wav }

As for what you said, did you use splay sounds/start.wav or just copy what X put? If you did the latter, you'll need to change the code.

Edited by takaharu_

If you use mIRC 6.3x, use this code:

on *:start:{ 
  splay $qt($nofile($mircexe) $+ sounds\start.wav)
}

For test purposes, type this code on the inputbox of mIRC:

//echo -s $isfile($qt($nofile($mircexe) $+ sounds\start.wav))

If you see $true, all is ok, but, if you see $false then the filename isn't correct, check it!

Well, if you see an error message, post it here.

:lmaojump: got it working :D

:oops: Tukero .. im using mirc 6.21 but thanks for the reply and code and if I upgrade to mirc 6.3x I will keep that in mind :D

takaharu_ its has X-Fusion sed change the spray start.wav to the name of the music snippet :D I would like to say thankyou to you also for your help :D

We learn something new every day

Edited by Lynx

:oops: ok I need somemore help on this topic .. iv got a snippet of music that is wav as in the code X-Fusion gave me and it works.

on *:START: {
  splay start.wav
}

Now I have found some better music but its MP3 Format Sound but it didnt work with that code .. so what I tried was I modifidy the code to this

on *:START: {
  splay start.MP3 Format Sound
}

The reason I did this was that it wouldnt play with the spray start.wav .. anyone tell me what im doing wrong please :D

Edited by Lynx

Guest X-Fusion

You didnt include the words FORMAT SOUND with it, did you? if you did, remove it, otherwise

splay -p start.mp3

The -p identifier tells mIRC that your trying to play an MP3 file instead of a standard wav. If that still doesn't work, try

splay -pq start.mp3