Buzzen V2 Passport Flood Protection

tim29ca

on @!*:JOIN:#: {
  var %x = $numtok(%ppc. [ $+ [ $chan ] ],32)
  if (%x == 3) .raw kick $chan $nick :Flood Protection
  else set -eu3 %ppc. [ $+ [ $chan ] ] $addtok($nick,%ppc. [ $+ [ $chan ] ],32)
  if (%x == 2) {
    .raw access $chan add deny *!*@*$* 2 :Flood Protection
    .raw kick $chan $nick :Flood Protection
    .raw kick $chan $gettok(%ppc. [ $+ [ $chan ] ],1,32) :Flood Protection
    .raw kick $chan $gettok(%ppc. [ $+ [ $chan ] ],2,32) :Flood Protection
  }
}

It's been way too long since i've coded in mIRC, so here is something i did just off the top of my head. It should do the job, but if it doesn't, well i'm sure you could just pluck something out of someone else's script. That's how everything works now a days isn't it? :P

Edited by The Gate Keeper

Guest Travis

$addtok($nick,%ppc. [ $+ [ $chan ] ],32)

:) It has been a while since you've stooped to mIRC level. :P

$addtok you state the variable first and then what you are adding to the variable.

$addtok(%ppc. [ $+ [ $chan ] ],$nick,32)

This is a great flood protection against seperate nicknames. But I don't think it would stop the same nickname from joining repeatedly. If someone wants I can find sometime to work it into this so it wouldn't conflict. Course TGK is way better than I. Im sure he can say Im wrong or write it up quickly.

• 1 month later...
$addtok($nick,%ppc. [ $+ [ $chan ] ],32)

:) It has been a while since you've stooped to mIRC level. :P

$addtok you state the variable first and then what you are adding to the variable.

$addtok(%ppc. [ $+ [ $chan ] ],$nick,32)

This is a great flood protection against seperate nicknames. But I don't think it would stop the same nickname from joining repeatedly. If someone wants I can find sometime to work it into this so it wouldn't conflict. Course TGK is way better than I. Im sure he can say Im wrong or write it up quickly.

with $addtok, it doesn't matter which way you put it. You just need to know that you are joining one piece of information with the other, using the delimiter provided. I chose to join it in descending order, where the most recent nickname is at the front. You DO NOT need to do it "variable, nickname" or "variable, additional information". What if you were doing a list that you wanted to do in reverse, without using a loop? $addtok will do it fine, you just reverse the information, which is what i did. I don't see how it's "stooped to mIRC level" :P.

If you are referring to a "hop flood", that's very different. If that was requested, i would make it, but it wasn't :P.

Why not just code a sockread flood protection. Its much quicker.

for starters, sockreads maybe quicker but they are also more susceptible to flood out. My flood protection will work across any network, provided the "access $chan" is allowed. If it isn't, it only requires changing that one line. Having a sockread protection means that you need to hardwire it to the connection, meaning that you need to know exactly where to put it. This can cause issues when you are having to upgrade connections, or transferring to another server. And as for a general purpose tool, this method is a lot better. It may be a tad slower, but it will serve it's purpose none the less, and if done correctly, can be as (if not more) effective than a sockread protection code.

Edited by The Gate Keeper