Vincula Connection

blah

just a general question about vincula.... are there any tut. about how to make it connect to a chat server that it is not setup for. like say i downloaded the 1 for buzzen, is it possible to go back in and change it to chatblah? of is there a version of vincula that allows you to just enter the server you want to use? thanks!

blah

ps..this may need moved.. wasn't sure where to post it. thanks!

Guest Travis

Vincula was made specifically for MSN chat. A few things are the same, but most everything is different. Anything having to do with you passport, fonts, profiles, all of that stuff, would not work on a pure IRC server. mIRC alone with nothing works great on a pure IRC server.

Like Fahad said. Use the server command. Typically then you use nickserv to authenticate.

There is no reason to use Vincula to connect to another server. You can be connected to Buzzen with Vincula and then connect to another server if you like using /server -m, but you will probably need to write a lot of network halts.

if ($network != Buzzen) halt

• 3 months later...

the reason why people are more comfortable with modifying vincula is because very few have the actual knowledge of making their own connection. They would prefer to modify something that worked at the time, and try and get it to work for their services. But of course, you'll NEVER get the full potential out of vincula, because it was made for MSN, not for every other chat service under the sun.

I guess people lack the skills required to really make a network worth while being a part of.

Personally i get both sides of the argument, if you want a good connection make one if you can. Some people dont have the skills to code and want to use something they like and know how to use i.e vincula, so i see their point in asking. As a second note, most chat servers have made their own connection so why not use that?...just my 2 pence worth.

the reason why people are more comfortable with modifying vincula is because very few have the actual knowledge of making their own connection.

So very true TGK and I must admit Im one of them that uses a vincula connection for my script as im not good enough to make a connection of my own .. and I think there is a lot of people out there whether it be clone chat or whatever that are using what they learnt to use when they was in MSN :D ... Some of us rely on people e.g like yourself who are very knowledgeable when it comes to scripting connections and so on.