MSN Alternitive Like Chat Rooms

Eaglenest25311

Guest X-Fusion
Nothing was forgotten. The reason I'm so heavily leaned toward VSIXc is the fact its original. Do you really think spoofing MSN makes things new or original? MSN/lookalikes are going to grow old after awhile. Things are going to become to familiar and just get boring, like it was when MSN was subscription. When I went to VSIXc, I had to re-learn things. Which is what alot of scripters there had to do. Its a totally different feel, yes, but, its different. It doesnt look like MSN. There arent the same modes. Theres new commands/access lists to learn. Its completely different. Like DigitalX said, it was built from the ground up. The OCX was made from the ground, the webchat, all of it was built from bottom to top. The protections that are built in are better then MSN/lookalikes could offer. Input flood protection, an EXCEPT list, etc etc. Personally, I think it's sad people arent able to adapt to change, and just look at a webchat as if they will go or not.

New site design on the way for Phreik (to make it not look so much like MSN lol), aswell as a new server .. with a huge capacity .. only problem is time, re-writting an entier server takes time and times running out, yes still a clone 8-) but a clone with the best staff and some aspects that make it very different to most other clones. The good clones iv seen are Buzz and Phreik, spark looks kinda cartoony but nice, just lacking users, maybe chat united too but thats mainly dutch users not global users (tyring to name as many as i can so it doesnt look like im favouring one over the other lol ..

I like VSIXc Chat the best.

www.vsixc.com

The options at VSIXc are great!

For example, you can register your chat rooms for free, and they then they stay open 24/7, even if no one is in them.

You can also change the host or owner keys right from your browser! Just type in: /ownerkey password or hostkey password. Then to host or owner from browser people only have to type in: /pass password.

**Also, Webtv can chat at VSIXc.

Webtv Instructions to join VSIXc chat are:

1. register at www.vsixc.com

2. Use goto button on keyboard, or on top of every chat page.

3. Enter the server, port, [cat][lang]RoomName

server = irc.vsixc.com

port = 6667

room = [category][language]RoomName

For example: irc.vsixc.com 6667 [XX][XX]Lobby

irc.vsixc.com 6667 [RL][EN]zztestg

:-) And to top it all off, VSIXc is friendly, and fun to chat at. Plus there are several scripts being updated for it. Right now their is the basic vsixc-mirc and ChristianEthics scripts released, but more are on the way.

I also agree with DigitalX on the respect thing. To me it is simply not right, or respectful to use the official copyrighted MSN chat ocx to provide chat, without first gaining MSN explicit permission. It makes me feel better to know that IRCx did things the right way, and set up an excellent and unique chat service, not using anything from MSN. :)

Edited by Deanne