A different kind of profile system

Shagman

Hello, I have seen the ability to have the users add thier own welcome message as they join a room. Essentially what I am trying to accomplish is giving my users the ability to add a profile link so that they can click on the view profile option. This of course is coding that is on the server side, and it would have it for any room they join on the server.

It should have.

• An option all users have to add or remove a profile link but restricting the change to a 5 or 6 seconds so that the user cannot flood the system, also advising user to add an acceptable profile link, should what they add be not within the perimiters of acceptable links.
  • Where it would add the last few digits of the ip addy with the nick. along with the link message to the txt file so that multiple users from the same ip addy can have a profile registered.
  • Restricting the profile link so that you can only add certain kinds of links such as yahoo, msn, or whatever profile they want the others to view, just as long as they cannot add links to virus downloads.
  • It will tell the user there is no profile registered.
  • Plus giving the server operator the abiltity to turn this feature off.
Here is what I have so far, as the bot will tell only the user that is clicking on the user. If anyone can help me in this department. I would be so gratious.

if ($3 = PUID) {
      /sendtouser $sockname $roombotname PRIVMSG $groom2($sockname) :You can view my profile here <link>

Edited by Shagman