icon on button

Rhys

is it possible to add an icon to a standard button? i know you can do it using the toolbar style with a dll, but i don't want it for a toolbar, i want some buttons on my switchbar with icons on them. any idea how? or will it have to be using the toolbar method?

i've looked at some of the mp3 players in the downloads section here at tg, and downloaded 2 which has icons on buttons. when i opened them in mirc, neither of them actually showed an icon on the button.. they were just numbers and funny letters. why's that? they should still work right?

is it even possible on a standard button?

the way you would do it is with mdx/dcx. With mdx, you would use a list as the button, and use the toolbar option with the correct parameters for it. I'm not sure of the method with dcx, but it is possible with dcx.

Guest Zantetsuken

yeah, i use the toolbar method. never tried dcx.. and some mp3 players are picwin maybe those have buttons with icons

i've looked at some of the mp3 players in the downloads section here at tg, and downloaded 2 which has icons on buttons. when i opened them in mirc, neither of them actually showed an icon on the button.. they were just numbers and funny letters. why's that? they should still work right?

is it even possible on a standard button?

The reason for that is because many people hard code their mp3 players (meaning they put a direct link to a file ($mircdirdlls\mdx.dll) like that). However, they seem to forget that not everyone has the same dll in the same location. That is why you are seeing numbers, and funny letters instead of icons. The best thing to do is just post the mp3 player code here, and one of us will try to fix it for you to work better.

Edited by Warrior124

instead of using a button i use an icon and then set my coding for it .....i use mdx

example :

box "controls", 1, 1 0 511 39

icon 2, 16 8 32 10, $mircdir\icons\start.jpg, 0, noborder

on *:dialog:cont:sclick:2:{ /update -s }

you can set sclick , rclick , and dclick

hope this helps

i've given it a go using the toolbar control, and it looks crap and ugly! on the left is no mouse over, which looks like a list with an icon, on the right it still looks like a list, but a button inside.

IPB Image

the way i want it to look is how err0r's does in his screenshot (mp3 player on left)

http://www.tg007.net/forum/index.php?act=A...type=post&id=91

nice, clean button. looks like a normal button with text. could someone maybe create a dialog and give make a button like the one shown in the screenshot, and reply with the code so i can see how you've done it. thanks!

Edited by Rhys

Guest Zantetsuken

if ur just wanting the play,stop,next icons ect... use a regular button and use webdings for the font on the button. then go in character map, go to webdings and look for the ones u want. so 4 for the button name would return the play icon, ect. if thats nbot what u want just ignore me :P

yea thats all i need are play, pause etc... but when i try put the play character from character map into mirc, it changes it to the number 4. i have set the font of the button to webdings and symbol char set. why won't it show correctly?