Code to link webchat to registered user nicks

Murda

just wondering if anyone has or knows where i can find a code to link the registered users of my site to a single chat room i wanted to put up on my site? so basically it you dont have to type a nick everytime you wont to join the chat, but it joins automatically when your registered on the site with the nick chosen

im just guessing at this. if you have a member's part of your website, and you have somewhere that shows there username (like in the menubar: Welcome <name>), then i would of thought that using the code you used to show the Welcome <name> to echo the name into the nickname part of what your trying to do.

What he wants, apparently, is to link his MSN Chat Control-based webchat to his site's user profiles. Or, to create profiles. Or to create logins. One of those things.

This is highly illegal (you agreed not to use the MSN Chat Control unless on Microsoft services when you agreed to the terms of use of MSN when you registered; Microsoft's info pages say you also bind yourself to those rules if you use the control at all), and quite difficult to do unless you're smart with PHP/Apache. And since you're asking for help, you apparently aren't.

If it's not MSN, then you should know how to support user profiles (because then you would be the author, or you would know who the author is).

• 1 month later...
lol_sign.gif awwww looks like some are still upset about the fact that they did everything to trash some of the networks that still exist. Not only do they exist still but are going strong. Jealousy, plain and simple. I am talking about the ones that started the Anti-MSN initiative? You know the ones that tried putting a network together but failed. Anyways im bored of poking fun at fellow g33ks ttyl. chithappens.gif