MP3 Player

Rhys

Isn't this forum here to help those who want to learn? mIRC has a help file for those who do scripting with mIRC, but when I first started out I didn't know a single thing about mIRC. So, I had no clue on how to understand the help file, and everytime I asked for help I would run into people with attitudes just like what I see here. So, I had to learn on my own. I donwloaded some scripts, and played around with codes so I could see what each code did, and such. Now, I've been scripting for a little over 5 years, now. I'm still not the best. Not even close, but I think I'm pretty good, now, and I'm still learning.

If we arenot here to help those who want to learn, then what are we doing here in the first place. If we have knowledge, then isn't it up to us to share that knowledge? If you don't, then what good is it?

Sorry about the rants, lol. Anyway, back to the subject.

If you use rebar.dll the code is something like this.

dll dlls\rebar.dll Dock $dialog($dname).hwnd > top

This will dock your dialog to the top of the chat window. smile.gif

Well, I agree with you, although there are those people who start mIRC out thinking that they can do the advanced things but really when they ask about it they don't know a clue of what the other persons talking about, but still persist on learning advanced before beginning. For beginning I would suggest playing around with the remotes and just learning from other scripts. From the looks of things Rhys is using someone elses script, and there is a fact pointing to they don't know how to edit remotes to a intermediate level of scripting, thus rendering dll docking a bit advanced. And im not saying my theory is true, im just saying its my theory.

I definatly would call intermediate starting to learn dialogs. But, I never said that it wasn't your script, I just presumed it wasn't hence you didn't know how to use a dll, most people ask 'how do I do this' when they don't know what an alias is. My appoligies if I said something to offend you.

i just don't understand dll's. ive never used them before. digitalx the code you gave me is ok, but the size is to big. the dock window is to high. and my channels bar covers my toolbar. how can i fix this? also my dialog isnt working. i have only resized it and now it doesent work properly.

Edited by xRhysx

• 2 weeks later...

i need help with my mp3 player. when you open it, it tries to do a command. the command is always a number and it changes sometimes. it fills my status window up with number unknown command. i know where the code it thats doing it, but i don't know whats wrong with it, can anyone help me?

on *:dialog:mp3:init:0:{
 if (%runonstartup == on) {
   set %mp3.dir $sdir(MP3 Files Folder)
   $findfile(%mp3.dir,*.mp3,0,did -a mp3 1 $nopath($1-))
   did -c mp3 18
 }
 elseif (%runonstartup == off) {
   $findfile(%mp3.dir,*.mp3,0,did -a mp3 1 $nopath($1-))
   did -u mp3 18
 }
}