The unbannable Guest in MSN Chat (Many years ago)

Bacon

At this time I was a teenager, as well as my cousin we were testing out our scripts, and managed to run into some random guest in msn chat that was unbannable we set the room to invite mode he got in no matter what we did even kline he was back in under the same name it was amazing at that time we just were newbies with scripts so there probably was something he or she did or had that was allowing him to get back  in perhaps a glitch with the msn chats ocx. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the first ways I remember unbanning yourself was be deleting and redownloading the ocx. The guest nick would have a new gatekeeper id at that point. Signing in of course would give you a fixed gatekeeperpassport id so staying guest helped you get around it. Of course unkickable names were really useful too when they were working.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You could figure out the exact mechanism used to generate the gatekeeper ID instead of relying on re-installing it each time. From there you could use something like Ollydbg to patch the function.

You could also bypass using the ocx at all if you determine how the auth works. It ended up involving 18 instances of the number '6' when generating the gatekeeper id at one point. This is how you could specify the exact gatekeeper id you wanted. eXonyte was also privy to how this worked. I am unsure if there was ever a public release of information explaining how the gatekeeper was generated.

• 4 months later...