Re Help on script

Guest Nsw_Grant

Guest Nsw_Grant

Hey there guys well i trying to make a script for ircx

what i want it to do is like be in a room called like #hoststaff and like run through the whole network and make it host all staff in all rooms if i add them to user list with out being in all rooms

Thanks

For that to work, you'd have to use an omnicient connection, such as a server-server connection. Some servers might allow this to occur as an IRCop, but it's wrong (IRCop != god) and is a major Achillies' heel -- if your account gets compromised, the entire network gets compromised.

You'll have to say what IRCX server you're using for anyone to properly help, but I'll go ahead and tell you what commands to use to become an omnicient connection in ignitionServer (you'll need to use sockets and sockwrite, someone else here can handle that).

PASS mypassword
SERVER hostbot.local 1 :Host Bot

After those two commands (in that order), the server will respond with a nick/channel list, and then you're ready to do stuff. To host someone, send this data:

:hostbot.local MODE #ChannelName +o NickName

Modify accordingly for +q or +v.

When you're done hosting everyone, split from the network you've formed by closing the socket. You will get a netsplit notice, but that's normal.

And you'll need C:/N: lines in ircx.conf for it too:

C:127.0.0.1:mypassword:hostbot.local:6667:100
N:127.0.0.1:mypassword:hostbot.local::100

Again, that's for iS 0.3.5. Not 0.3.4 or earlier.

Well, I did make an annotated version of the IRCX draft... And that's not IRCX per se, that's standard IRC server linking. So if you modify the modes it'll work on any RFC 1459 compliant IRC server with RFC 1459 compliant linking. Unfortunately, iS and Tes-X are the only two IRCX servers I know that do that.

• 3 weeks later...