expert help

DigitalX

ok this may sound a bit nuts but im making a friend a helpdesk script. its clones alot of msn helpdesk style things i need a thing that helps the person who the ircop in the helpdesk helping people....

what i need is a thing where when people join in a list or txt file it logs them in numral order from 1-10 in order of join

when the ircop whos running the helpdesk does a command of /who the script reads and lists from the list the people who to help like

/who

1.Nick

2.Nick

3.Nick

etc etc if you know what i mean.

if any1 whos really good can help me with this it would be much appreciated. thanks a ton.

unsure.gif

oh yea when it shows the list of people on the /who command it lists them from order logged/joined the channel

Edited by DigitalX

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanna confirm what you want to be done before I try n code anything...

1) When someone joins the room and isn't in the text list already they get added to the bottom of the list.

2) Using an alias you want the (first) ten people on the list to be listed in the form of /who (ie: /who for each of the ten)

If that's the case, wouldn't it be better to have all of the nicknames (excluding voiced or above) listed?

Also, if a person leaves a MSNChat helpdesk their position is reset to the bottom of the list when they rejoin, to prevent having to scan the room each time to see if the user's still there. Would that be a better option?

It's really simple to do, I just wanna check exactly what you wanted.

on *:join:#: {

if ($nick != $me) {

var %numeral = 0

inc %numeral

if (%numeral > 25) { set %numeral 0 }

./auser NickHelpList 12,1 %numeral $nick

}

}

alias do.HelpNicks {

var %ul = $ulist(*,NickHelpList,0), %i = 0

while (%i < %ul) {

inc %i

echo -a 7,14 $ulist(*,NickHelpList,%i)

}

}

alias 2help {

echo -a 12,0 Nicks To Help:

$do.HelpNicks

}

[code=auto:0]

Use /2help to list the names.

it isnt finished yet, I thought I'd let you do the on *:part and what not........ Hope it helps.

-Crash

if ($nick != $me) { 
   var %numeral = 0 
   inc %numeral
   if (%numeral > 25) { set %numeral 0 }

It would never be more than 1 so why bother using that if statement?

Using that code, each time a user joins it sets %numeral as 0 then increases it to 1. wink.gif

yea what i want is something that logs all users who join in numeral order they join it dosent have to be 10 but any amount at the highest and yea when they leave it removes them from the list and adds them to the bottom again and when the ircop does /who its echos in the window a list of the users to help in order they joined. much thanks if you can do it cleric cheers.gif

id also like to see if this is right but i need to change it to whisper i forgot how lol_sign.gif

on *:JOIN:#roomname:*: { write -a log.txt $nick | notice $nick Hey there is $nick(#,0) ppl in the room. Your are $calc($nick(#,0) + 1) }

Edited by DigitalX

if ($nick != $me) {  
   ./auser NickHelpList $replace($nick,$chr(32),-)
 }
}
on *:part:#: { 
 if ($nick != $me) { 
   ./ruser NickHelpList $replace($nick,$chr(32),-)
 }
}
alias do.HelpNicks { 
 var %ul = $ulist(*,NickHelpList,0), %i = 0
 while (%i < %ul) {
   inc %i
   echo -a 7,14 %i $+ . $ulist(*,NickHelpList,%i)
 }
}
alias 2help { 
 echo -a 12,0 Nicks To Help:
 $do.HelpNicks 
}

that should work. On join it adds them to the list. On part it removes them.

if they join again, they will be at the end of the list just as if they joined for the first time.

To use it - paste it in your remotes and then in the chatroom type /2help

and it will list the nicks in order they entered the room.

NOTE: You can change the 2help command to anything you want ,

I would advise you not to mess with anything else, except for the text colors.

Colors = 7,14 Orange Text Grey Background 12,0 Blue Text White Background

BTW notice is /privmsg or /notice

Crash -----

crash u can help me if you know how to write a whisper command could you do this to whisper

on *:JOIN:#roomname:*: { write -a log.txt $nick | notice $nick Hey there is $nick(#,0) ppl in the room. Your are $calc($nick(#,0) + 0) . Please have your question ready for host. If you need basic FAQ help whisper !menu to me. } 

on *:JOIN:#: { write -a log.txt $nick | //privmsg $nick Hey there is $nick(#,0) ppl in the room. Your are $calc($nick(#,0) + 0) . Please have your question ready for the host. If you need basic FAQ help whisper !menu to me. } 

That should do it.

Did you use my helpdesk code?