As Anyone Heard

JOhnson

Bit of a pointless program really, Ubuntu comes with Grub right? It really isnt hard to burn Ubuntu to disk and install it. Ubuntu makes it easy anyway...

:oops: iv got Ubuntu on disk ready to install ... iv got windows 7 and im not sure how to dual boot with this O/S (windows 7) iv googled to see if theres a tutorial and come up blank ... but was offered this freeware and wasnt sure of it ... again nais tuke = thank you for your replies :D

well you wouldn't want wubi as it's a windows application. meaning you need to install windows first, then install wubi which allows you to install ubuntu, but not onto a separate partition i believe. i think it's just a location within the same drive.

what you do is leave your harddrive as is, boot up with the windows CD, goto "Install Now", follow it through to where it asks where you want it installed. When you get here, click "make new partition" (or something like this). Your unbuntu partition only really needs to be about 20gb or so as it's pretty small, unless you plan on installing MASSIVE programs onto it. But yea, work out how big you want your windows partition, create it at that size, and then tell windows 7 to install into the newly created partition. And presto, you have dual boot. When you start your computer, windows boot record will kick in (i believe), and you can select windows or ubuntu.

well you wouldn't want wubi as it's a windows application. meaning you need to install windows first, then install wubi which allows you to install ubuntu, but not onto a separate partition i believe. i think it's just a location within the same drive.

what you do is leave your harddrive as is, boot up with the windows CD, goto "Install Now", follow it through to where it asks where you want it installed. When you get here, click "make new partition" (or something like this). Your unbuntu partition only really needs to be about 20gb or so as it's pretty small, unless you plan on installing MASSIVE programs onto it. But yea, work out how big you want your windows partition, create it at that size, and then tell windows 7 to install into the newly created partition. And presto, you have dual boot. When you start your computer, windows boot record will kick in (i believe), and you can select windows or ubuntu.

:lmaojump: cheers TGK for that will try that later :D