Need Opinions Please

Cyanide

I am a member of a few GFX and design sites that have too much drama for the average user to sift through. Myself and a few others have decided to start our own forum/site and we want a chat room to accompany the forums. I would like to use Buzzen, and woould like a bit of advice on what protections and such we might need. I have already started writing a 'help bot' code, but am just interested in what others might have to say about owning a room. I do know that if someone with skill really wants to take the room for any reason, there isn't much to be done. They will take it.

This is what I have so far:

Mode Protection

Owner/Ops Protection

Profanity Kick/Ban ( the room will be for 18+ but we all know how that goes )

Ghost/Clone Prots

Script Kicker

.......................and a few more.

Maybe I am just insane to go through this again. LOL!

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Cyanide

Hey there Cyanide,

Sounds like your on the right path for what types of protection you want, however if you are concerned about a room take... There is a little bit of protection server side with the introduction of the "SuperOwner" (Mode +Q). This allows full control of the room, and the user who created the room will have this status of Super Owner. The rules of a Super Owner is that there is only 1 Super Owner per room :)

This Super Owner would probably be your life line to helping your room from being taken over :) Though, for other owners and hosts, there is just the standard use and they may possibly be kicked or even removed of the privledges if someone tried to take over the room :)

Anyway, I hope this clears up your thoughts on Room Takes :)

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Dan, not really a worry, more of a " I am not a total n00b." thing. I want to write a basic room monitor script, nothing fancy, no dll docks, just prots. There is no need for fancy if you are using it just for your private room protection. Super Owner is a standard now, and is imbedded in most basic conenctions. I got that part down ( I think ).

TY for the insight.

Not a fan of Soulfly. I've used it and really wasn't impressed. Pony's hosting tools is actually better in my book. It may not be as fancy or glamoured ( glam died in the 80's ) but is far more user friendly. That is just my opinion, as a 'hosting tool' one does not need flash, just raw working codes to control the room. I mean no offence, nor to downgrade SoulFly, just not my personal cup of tea.

I like working with Moschino. The standalone is just what is says, a simple connection.

I am not a top notch scripter, but I prefer to write my own. I was asking if maybe I missed a prot or maybe there was something else I missed. A gaming script will be seperate from the host script. I like things like that for tidyness and security.

Thanks for the input errOr, appreciate it.

Edited by Cyanide

well actually u don't need a socket connection at all. You can connect to buzzen chat with a simple /server command.

Prots you would need would be similar to whatever you ran in your old msn chat.. Certain things like +P and Superowner will render some of the old msn stuff pointless.

In the beginning i would keep a copy of SoulFly or Moschino running as an owner. Just to cover anything that your script isn't yet ready to handle.

i won't argue the merits of soulfly. it speaks for itself and doesn't need me tooting it's horn.