Internet Explorer 8

JOhnson

:oops: question has anyone else had the same problems as me of late with internet explorer 8 .... every so often when I click onto a site if it doesnt load straight away im getting the error message "page not responding" or is it my computer ? as always nais tuke = thank you for any replies :D

If you have Xp make sure service pack 3 is installed. If you have Vista make sure you have service pack 2 installed.

i personally do not get that issue, but google is always a good place to start?

:oops: I was told not to download S3 :huh: and as for google I didnt find much about my problem

iv got windows 7 on order so im going to put up with this problem and hopeful I dont get any problems with that .... as always nais tuke for your replies :D

• 3 weeks later...
Tech_Mate

Who ever told you not to download and install sp3 is blowing smoke rings out of their butt. The fix for ie 8 is in sp3 but if you want 7 back go into add or remove programs uninstall ie 8 then you will have ie 7 back.

Haggis

J0hnson

go to Tools and Options

go to advanced tabs

and click restore defaults

see if this solves your problem

Took me a while to reply to this posting and for that I apologise but iv been busy on and off these last few weeks ... ok Tech_Mate fella iv downloaded SP3 and Haggis fella I did as you said but fellas the problem is there so I can only think its this machine or IE 8 but I will stick with it until I get windows 7 next week :D as always fellas nais tuke for your help.