Ircd Roomlist

kevin2k3

I am looking for a IRCD roomlist for my chat server, i tried a couple different ones i found on here but it does not show any rooms, just the empty table. can someone help me out with this?

btw i'm using unrealircd as my server.

Thanks.

yea, there are ones listed, but none of us are really bothered to make one to ensure it works for you.

please pick one, try and adapt it, and see if it works. there is another user working on the same problem as you right now, so see what they are doing. perhaps you can collaborate?

Guest X-Fusion

The tutorials are meant to give you a basic guideline, not do all the work for you. You have to know PHP to get them to work. They're made to get your brain working.

Guest X-Fusion

It depends on what you want to do with it. If you want it to join the room, then yes, it probably requires you to know moderate to advanced PHP. If you just want it to do the listing, then it probably wouldn't take much modifcation.

I talked with Kevin after he posted this, and thats all he was wanting to do was show the rooms. I figured out how to do the join now. I could help him with that much.

When I tried it with IRCD, even the one that was corrected for me in the other thread, It would just sit, take forever to load, show the top table (Users, Room, Topic). Then have nothing under it. However it works fine for IRCX.

I don't think you should try run a chat network, if you don't know any basic coding towards it. Instead of asking here have either of you looked into learning the basics of PHP and how the IRC daemon works?

I know the basics of php, and know a good deal about the irc, but like everybody else, you learn new things everyday. However, this problem still exists, even after countless hours of trying things.