Who Uses Linux

Spooky

I was thinking earlier...which is rare lol

Who uses Linux?....and what do you use it for?

I use Linux as a start up program because i think its faster than windows on start up. What i mean by that is when i build a PC its quicker to run Linux to install and set things up.

Linux are used by alot of IT professionals. Linux has a lot of powerful features that windows doesn't, straight from the terminal (bash screen). And with built in applications like awk, grep, and other commands, you can do quite powerful stuff text based. Linux is quick because of the fact that it doesn't have a huge interface driving it like windows does, and it is designed to be more IT friendly, and not so user friendly. Where as windows is "suppose to be" user friendly over IT friendly.

It's a powerful tool, and there are heaps of unix tutorials online. If you want something that has a strong GUI and is linux, try Ubuntu. It's quite popular around university, and is relatively quick.

Guest X-Fusion

Whenever I get around to building a new computer, I'm probably gonna go with Linux. The only problem I have is the majority of the programs I use don't support Linux.

Linux wont work with most of the things you have. Its better to use xp or whatever, and linux as a partation. Linux as an OS isnt really that useful, but as TGK said, it has some fantastic features for IT developers.

I have Ubuntu as a partition on both my laptop, and this pc. Although I haven't used it in a long time, I still find it very fun and versitile.