The Search Engine To Beat Them All?

takaharu_

I came across an article on another website that mentioned about a website called Searchme. I thought "what the hell, I'll give it a go". All I can say is "wow"; this search engine looks like it was designed for Windows Vista. I'm not going to spoil it too much more, just take a look for yourself:

It's in its beta stages but I bet you anything that Google and MSN will copy them before long.

Edited by Ozzy10
link removed cross site scripting to hack site

Guest X-Fusion

Doesn't look appeasing to me at all. It'll drive away users that have never used a search before due to it's complex design. However, for an advanced user or someone that likes the visual more then the text, this will probably be a dream come true. I'm more of a text guy.

Guest Travis

I prefer a list of results like google. This is just emulating the Apple iTunes look. I find no worth in it. They wasted their time as far as IM concerned.

I can understand the concept of what they are trying to do, and yeah it looks kinda cool if you like that sorta thing. Doesnt tell you anything about the developers etc etc or even if its uk based or whatever. I know a web designer in the uk who uses that sort of layout. Anyway, my main point is if they got real busy it would be a nightmare to manage and im not sure it would last. I know at the moment Yahoo are working on a whole new search platform, from what ive seen, it looks fairly similar to google. I'll post more info in the general news section tomorrow on this.

Edited by Spooky

Guest X-Fusion

Yeah, Yahoo and Google have been talking for months. That's old news. That's why Microsoft has threatened numerous times of proxy attacks against Yahoo so that Yahoo and Google wouldn't be able to join. The rumor around the alley of the IT world is that whenever Yahoo releases the new search, Google is expected to either buy completely or part of Yahoo.

Yahoo and Google, the world's two biggest search engines, have announced a two-week experiment that will see them share advertising space.

During the pilot, Google will be able to place ads alongside 3% of search results on Yahoo's website.

so yeah lol