Aop Question.

Molson™

Guest Travis

I don;t think the IAL has the address yet on join. Try adjusting $address to match the style you save the gate as.

I try to make the mask as simple as possible for these things. What I often do is use just the ident.

i.e: Ident@GatekeeperPassport

So I can use $gettok($address,1,64). I don't like having *'s in my lists to match user gates. I like to keep it straight, simple and plain.

SoulFly's aOp users are saved like this.

hadd users $address level.%#roomname <== this would be local, where level is: op.%#room man.%#room admin.%#room

Global is:

hadd users $address g_admin

hadd users $address g_man

I use $address because in every normal event $address returns Ident@GatekeeperPassport which makes it easy to match.

Edited by Travis

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Travis

That wasn't a me:*:join:#:{

That was a user join and I don't believe the user is in the IAL until after the join event which is why I suggested using $address.

You can also use $rawmsg and $gettok it.

Guest Travis

ini is too slow for my tastes. I like hash or MySql if the list gets to be too big.

Molson, $address is a parameter in any normal event. I find it hard to believe you do not get the proper information. Unless, of course, you are using a socket connection that does not handle the event properly.

You can use $rawmsg and gettok the mask from it.

on *:join:#:{

echo 3 $chan . $nick 's address is $address

echo 12 $chan . $rawmsg

}

Id be really surprised if these echo's didn't return $address and $rawmsg. Try them please.

And yeah, you shouldn't who the channel whenever someone joins. If you do not plan on making your code public and the rooms you are in have 5 or 6 people in them then thats ok, but you wouldn't want to be in a room of 40 or 60 and who whenever someone joins. What if there is a join flood? What if 5 people join within 3 seconds of each other? It could easily flood you out, and will always impose strain on the server.

Just a sidenote to anyone ... contrary to popular belief, the chat servers aren't a hacking challenge, or "let's see if we can crash the server". Maybe when it was MSN and you felt all cool for messing with a huge corporation, but now the servers are run by hoobyists. The server is your chat livelihood, so be kind to it.

Edited by Travis

actuly its quite fast and stable

also have

[

stop owner local

stop host local

shitlist local

voice stop local

] above commands i do not have clear access on it for i didnt want to clear access in other peoples room

but can be easly add

also will deop the user

and if he/she is oped again it will deop both users ]

if added there is no way of use getting hammer as long as your a op

weath someone ops them or they use pass or access

worth a look at

advaced aop list local and globle

ether way let me know what you and others think

:taz:

Edited by pony