Would It Be Possible

Guest Johnson

:oops: is there a way of testing your script for disconnection and rejoin please ... as i went to file and disconnect just to see lol if it would re-connect :D

Guest Travis

I dont know that that would reconnect you. Try typing /disconnect and pressing enter.

If you have questions about the code I presented and/or need somethign clarified please ask.

i'll explain this a bit better...

If you are using a connection to connect to a server (meaning that someone has made a socket connection and you have it in your script, to connect to that server), you CANNOT use the auto reconnect on disconnect feature, as it will try and reconnect to "localhost", which is actually your laptop, not the server. This is because the socket connection script is making the connection for mIRC, not allowing mIRC to do it itself.

The options given above is merely if you use the "/connect <my server> [<port number>]" (<> = required, [] = optional).

If you use the /connect method, you will be able to use the internal mIRC auto reconnect. It will just continually try and reconnect till it can.

X is right, i did have a feature like this is my connection, DogCollar, which made it VERY handy because you could ensure pretty much maximum time in the room, and with the AUTO CREATE feature, you would pretty much always have your room open (as MSN didn't have a "register my room" function). But this was something i made in DogCollar. The creator of the connection would need to implement it, unless you are good enough to make it yourself.

I dont know that that would reconnect you. Try typing /disconnect and pressing enter.

If you have questions about the code I presented and/or need somethign clarified please ask.

:oops: yes i put your code into my script and did the /disconnect :oops: had to use task master as everything didnt respond and to be sure it was the code i tried it without and everything was fine ... but thankyou and im grateful for the help ... im using sparkpea which suits myself and my members.

The creator of the connection would need to implement it, unless you are good enough to make it yourself.

:lmaojump: TGK Thankyou very much for your reply im very grateful ... im following some of what you are saying but not all :( ... im using vincula in sparkpea ... as for above ^^^^^ in the quote no mate im not good enough to do it myself :(

Guest Travis

Lynx, the code I presented was a guideline. It didn't have the commands to connect to your server. Also, I accidentally left the $ off the $chan(0) identifier which is why you had the recursive loop. I've fixed it, but again, it is missing the code to connect to your server and it would really need to be written with your connection and server in mind.

I had suggested using the mirc auto-reconnect feature when typing /disconnect. But yes, that would also be a good way to test the type of code I showed you.

Edited by Travis