Dialog Making

Guest Johnson

:lmaojump: hi .. I would love to learn dialog making .. as iv sed in the pass I have reading and learning difficultys and dont taking things in .. iv downloaded dialogmaker .. iv also downloaded a trial mdxstudio from here but I cant understand it .. I also looked in mirc and iv googled this subject and all iv come up with is this http://www.virtual.net.au/~bekar/mirc/Dialogs-HOWTO.txt.html .. iv tried to understand it .. but I cant take it in ... if you are Interested in helping me out please PM and I will added you to my messenger ... I am verbally quick on the uptake .. and im a quick to learn ... im not a no0b .. I am very "Interested" in this subject and I have lots of time on my hands .. this might be an advantage in the near future to the person that teaches me to make dialogs :D I will only hope and wish ... no offence will be taking if you decline my offer :D

Guest Travis

I started with a dialog maker and then looked at the code and looked at the help file. Now I make them from scratch but I hate making dialogs ... I mean on one hand its nice, but ... its tedious.

I use a lot of math with the layout. If a control starts at 2 and is 30 pix long, the end of it is 32, so the control next to it will typically start at 34.

What really taught me the most is looking at other dialogs, then looking at the code, then writing it for myself with the help manuals. You are free to use my mdx dialogs as a guide. I'll send you my IM addy.

GD5 was massive because of the dialogs...

Anyways, dialogs are always going to be more time consuming and more demanding. They do look pretty, but if you don't have the time, you should really just stick to basics like menus and that, as it would faster to code, and less troublesome prefecting it.

just start off with something small, like a simple kick dialog with set msg, then move on to getting the gates and make them kick ban dialog

try not to learn it all at once is all, can become over whelming at time , trust me i know :<

but just holler at me and ill help 1 one step at a time

i have gotten ok at dialog but i also learn something new with them every week

dialogs from past to now has advanced on it self its almost unreal

a good imagantion goes along way with dialogs

but any was Good luck

and if needed holler

`pony

:lmaojump: would like to say a big thankyou for your replies i have made a decision to who i would like to teach me .. it is good to know there are people out there willing to help and support you .. again thankyou

GD5 was massive because of the dialogs...

Anyways, dialogs are always going to be more time consuming and more demanding. They do look pretty, but if you don't have the time, you should really just stick to basics like menus and that, as it would faster to code, and less troublesome prefecting it.

TGK I know what you are saying and that is what iv got in my script now (basic menu's) .. but i would love to have a few dialogs to lol .. i know it will be time consuming and maybe demanding on my learning abilitys but iv never shied away from a challenge yet lol

:lmaojump: is there anyone from the UK who can teach me dialog making (basic) .. as the two replys iv had and im very grateful to them are from the usa and they are 7hours behind the UK so it makes it that bit more difficult for me to get in touch with them at the right time of day .. seem im never going to get to learn .. all i need is to learn the basic's of dialog making and im sure i will be able to progress from there ... to the two that put me on your messenger again i will say thankyou.

• 1 month later...