Network of Chats

Deanne

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The audacity of these pricks, they want to weld all the power. If you notice they still tell everyone the work they do is volunteer, yet they will claim ownership of it. Some of us are in it for business, they figure you just want a cute butterfly beside your name. Now Im beginning to see how the mohamed/jay union happened, alot of "me" talk, with absolutey no "us" talk. haha funny thing is these two pricks woulda fallin flat on their faces if it hadn

't been for me.

Edited by Shagman

I think we gather by now Buzzen is full of pricks...

If thats the way they work all the power to them but it wont last for long.

Anyway this wasnt to flame any network it was saying how stupid it is there are so many networks and if they teamed up it could be better.

But if something like this did happen.

No one would partnership with Buzzen, As they think they own you once you have a partnership as if you are just working for them not with them.

Edited by ﭻßļåžéﮍ

Guest X-Fusion
The best thing to do is let chat networks be their own. If they use the same ocx, big deal. Let them use it. It's their choice, and in most instances, they edit it to fit their server needs. So, why take away uniqueness to strive for a common plainess? Just leave the clones be and continue chatting at VSIXc. Tbh, the whole 'merging' thing sounds unappealing to me. Mergining normally requires the bigger, dominant company to take over the smaller, less marketable company and acquire their clients.

haha funny thing is these two pricks woulda fallin flat on their faces if it hadn

't been for me.

Shagman I keep hearing how important you were in the success of one of the larger clones. If that is the case, why not get on side with a genuine chat site, and lend your abilities to a site that will honor your contribution?

I agree Chief, some people are happy with their own little islands, but even islands often have a boat that takes people back and forth to the main land :)

I'm not encouraging the swallowing up of small chats by the big chats--though sadly that often happens. I want to avoid that if possible. What I suggest is a whole network of smaller chats uniting to give people the opportunity to more easily chat with people. Hopefully making the smaller chats more able to stand next to the larger chats without getting swallowed up. "United we can stand, divided we fall as prey"

My vision was more geared towards getting people to think about the issues, and perhaps encourage clones to find better ways to run their webchat, than to use the msn ocx without permission. (ie finding someone who has a good ocx and will let them use it with permission).

From what I can see, even if sites like buzz are successful at swallowing up the smaller chats--it wouldn't benefit the chatters at all, because buzz can't comfortably handle all the chatters is has right now. Again today it took me over an hour to connect to a room, and if buzz draws in anymore people those disconnects and authentication troubles will likely increase even more.

To me buzz has a great opportunity to help its chatters find other places they can chat when the buzz servers are too busy to handle all the chatters. buzz could easily provide links in partnership with the smaller free servers, and spread out the chatters a bit when buzz gets too busy to let people into rooms etc.

Unfortunately, from the looks of buzz, they are just in it for themselves and the money.... hoping to collect a good number of registered room donations, and then thin out their over-filled servers a bit by encouraging people to click on all the google chat ads, which probably bring buzz admin a few more dollars.

It's just sad to see, and I would like to see the smaller chat sites unite and kick buzz's butt right out of the chat world for it, or else have buzz join in and work together with others for the benefit of the chatters, not just for buzz's own personal and financial gain.

:)

The best thing to do is let chat networks be their own. If they use the same ocx, big deal. Let them use it. It's their choice, and in most instances, they edit it to fit their server needs. So, why take away uniqueness to strive for a common plainess? Just leave the clones be and continue chatting at VSIXc. Tbh, the whole 'merging' thing sounds unappealing to me. Mergining normally requires the bigger, dominant company to take over the smaller, less marketable company and acquire their clients.

I agree x. I also like to have a variety of chat experiences, and it is neat to see some of the things people come up with. What I would like to see though, is the clones de-clone, and to have all these smaller chat sites link together like the scripting sites did. For example on most scripting sites you can find a dozzen or more links to many other script sites. If the origianl site doesn't have what you want, maybe one of the dozen other partnered sites will.

As for the the ocx franchise, I don't like to see common plainess either. I just think for people who lack the ability to create their own ocx, but who have the desire to run a chat server---partnering with someone who gives them permission to use the ocx under what ever conditions is a better solution that having so many people running around building webchat sites on the msn ocx without permission. The clones really leave the chatters in a precarious position if msn ever did decide to pull the plug or take the clone issue to court.

Edited by Deanne

I dont think you really read what Gwen requested. You are talking about some sort of corporate take over. She is talking about networking the different chat services so people move around then more freely. She has a point and its a good idea, but again, the people who run chat networks do so to create some sense of popularity for themselves. They aren't going to just hand this over and be equal.

But Gwen, don;t take my word for it. Prove me wrong. I'd love it. Speak with the owners of the different popular chat sites and see what they have to say. See what conditions they would require. Bring them together Gwen. At least try. Noone is just going to do it. If you see something that needs to be done, do it. You have my support. IRCx has already stated what he would be happy to work with.

There are already scripts that support more than one network.

Edited by Travis

I dont think you really read what Gwen requested. You are talking about some sort of corporate take over. She is talking about networking the different chat services so people move around then more freely. She has a point and its a good idea, but again, the people who run chat networks do so to create some sense of popularity for themselves. They aren't going to just hand this over and be equal.

But Gwen, don;t take my word for it. Prove me wrong. I'd love it. Speak with the owners of the different popular chat sites and see what they have to say. See what conditions they would require. Bring them together Gwen. At least try. Noone is just going to do it. If you see something that needs to be done, do it. You have my support. IRCx has already stated what he would be happy to work with.

There are already scripts that support more than one network.

Well Travis, my issue is that I would first like to see clones get themselves DE-Cloned by either making their own ocx or through using another chat sites oxc WITH PERMISSION, and UNDER AGREEMENT.

And yes networking the different chat sites, in conjunction with setting up some kind of ocx type francise for those who want a chat site, but don't know how to write good chat software, or for those who currently have a clone site and want to de-clone it.

I don't think it's enough to simply string all the clones together, because ultimately that leaves the chatters in a terrible position if msn decides to take action on the clones. We can all speculate they probably won't, but then again knowing msn they probably WILL. :)

We have to find a way to de-clone the clones first, in my opinion.

Edited by Deanne