Network of Chats

Deanne

We seem to have chat sites popping out of every cyber nook and cranny around.

The old MSN chatters are scattered throughout so many different chat sites, that none of the chat sites works really have a big crowd, except for buzz. And buzz has more than they can comfortably handle guaging by their 1-3 hour waits for authentication to join a room, and the frustrating number of disconnects happening. Too many chatters for a server can be just as bad as not enough.

I don't think having all these seperate chat servers isn't bad in itself. It can even be helpful to spread out the bulk of chatting onto several servers, and prevent the difficulties of having more people on any one server than that server can comfortably handel. But what is unfortunate is that alot of people who used to be able to connect with alot of people, now find themselves either isolated on smaller servers, or locked out of the big one due to too much traffic. These chatters seem to have little knowledge of where others might be chatting at, or how they can find people to chat with if their server is quiet for a few hours, or if they are locked out of a larger server due to too much traffic.

As many know, I really hate what the clones have done, and do not find what they have done ethical in anyway. I simply cannot bring myself to suggest any type of partnership with clone chats, but I would love to see all the genuine chats join together to form one large Chat Network.

Even if people are spread out over several different servers, that is fine. Hopefully none of the servers will get so over-populated so as to experience all the disconnects and server authentication problems that buzz gets.

Idealling it would be great if the other genuine chats shared the same ocx, so that people could hop between them and chat as easily as changing chat categories. But I know that is probably unrealistic, unless someone has a really good ocx that they are willing to share, and everyone else wants to use it also.

At the very least it would be great to see a partnership begin to happen between the genuine chats, where the genuine chats can provide access to their partner sites, so that people can find each other better, and move from one place to another more easily. Kind of like all the scripting sites do now.

Since we've been listening to www.crush.fm at Vsixc Chat, I've realized how nice it is to be 'connected' to other chats, and hear what is going on in them. Unfortunately the other chats are clones though, which really irks me! But it is nice to have the feeling that one is part of a bigger collection of chats, and realize that we were all pushed out of the same MSN boat.

It would be nice to see all the clones either make their own ocx, or partnership with someone who has one that they can use legally and ethically, and then have all the genuine chats partnership together, so that the people have a LARGER and more easily accessible NETWORK of CHATS to access.

What do you all think about the multi-chat situation? Does developing a larger network of chats sound like something that would make it easier on the chatters to find people they can chat with, and thus prevent them from heading out to places such as paltalk or other very large sites? Right now quite a few chatters bounce between a few of the chat sites, but I was shocked to realize just how many chatters aren't even aware of the other sites, or the possibility of finding new friends they really enjoy chatting with.

Edited by Deanne

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm sure if all the admins,hosts,helpers etc... Every one involved with a chat network. If you could get them all to get along together and work on one big projects for a few weeks to make a new kind of chat network. I'm sure they would pull off some thing far better then the beloved Microsoft chat Network.

I doubt VSIXc will share its ocx simply for security reasons. The encryption technique used to mask your IP is very secret. I think your idea in general is good but because of the basic neediness and insecurity of most people involved with chats I don;t see it happening. If people wanted to find out about other chat networks, they will.

I doubt VSIXc will share its ocx simply for security reasons. The encryption technique used to mask your IP is very secret. I think your idea in general is good but because of the basic neediness and insecurity of most people involved with chats I don;t see it happening. If people wanted to find out about other chat networks, they will.

lol Travis, alot of people were also convinced we'd never fly, or walk on the moon. Is there any limit to what people can do, if they set their mind to it?

The synergy created when people work together, and continually improve upon the works of themselves and others, is what feeds our ability to advance. A small example of that is seen in scripting--alot of the scripts coming out now are far advanced from the scripts we were happy to use 4 or 5 years ago. A great deal of that advancement came through the willingness of scriptors to work together.

Maybe not all the chat sites are ready to form a larger network and support each other, but I think the chatters would benefit from it.

My difficulty is with what to do with the clones, because I can't bring myself to support their unethical conduct in using the msn ocx without permission. I would be great if they looked at options that allowed them to partnership with others so that their webchats could be fully on the up and up.

Deanne, the only reason most of these kids start these chat sites is for recognition. They require some sort of power. Take remko for example, a real power monger, his chatters hated him due to his power monger ways, but he was good at web design, since mohamed couldnt design a web site, he got together with remko. Mohamed couldnt build his site up on his own steam so he enlisted myself and others to bring people in. Some of us were tossed away. Anyway my point being is chat sites are pretty much build on having some sort of control. Take it away from them and the seek revenge like you've never seen before. So no you will never see these sites join forces.

Deanne, the only reason most of these kids start these chat sites is for recognition. They require some sort of power. Take remko for example, a real power monger, his chatters hated him due to his power monger ways, but he was good at web design, since mohamed couldnt design a web site, he got together with remko. Mohamed couldnt build his site up on his own steam so he enlisted myself and others to bring people in. Some of us were tossed away. Anyway my point being is chat sites are pretty much build on having some sort of control. Take it away from them and the seek revenge like you've never seen before. So no you will never see these sites join forces.

Chat franchise :) With the high level of msn clones popping up, anyone who came up with a way to franchise legal chat software would probably do very well, and successfully unite a large number of chat servers into a network that could easily rival msn and yahoo, if they decided to join forces. But thats just my opinion. :)

Edited by Deanne

A good idea deanne but unfortunately alot of the small servers cannot or will not see the bigger picture!

Are you saying "smaller" networks wont move to buzzen?

Maybe because Jay always offers them money? I remember him offering phreik $1000 and Chat-United.

At the time MSN was still open and Chat-United had FAR more chatters than Buzzen.

However if one of those went to do a merger they HAD to move to buzzen and give them all the website etc.

And still then they started as a guide which they could just do anyway...

Think on that one.

Edited by ﭻßļåžéﮍ

Are you saying "smaller" networks wont move to buzzen?

Maybe because Jay always offers them money? I remember him offering phreik $1000 and Chat-United.

At the time MSN was still open and Chat-United had FAR more chatters than Buzzen.

However if one of those went to do a merger they HAD to move to buzzen and give them all the website etc.

And still then they started as a guide which they could just do anyway...

Think on that one.

That's not a partnership, that a buy out for purpose of monopoloy

lol.