SCN Live event

Cheer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow travis got his undies in a pinch. Everyone said it was a kewl idea.. the only question was his so called celebrity status. It would seem that no one here outside of blaze had ever heard of him before. Just because you enjoy some of his rants doesn't really qualify him as a celeb. But hey it's still a kewl idea to have live chats. Getting someone like patchou to do a live chat would be super kewl too.. doesn't mean he is a celeb though. But then again celebrity chat sounds much better than Someone you don't know but is semi well known in the circles he travels in chat. right? Anyways good luck with it blaze.. hope it does well for your network.

It's not a bad idea to draw people into a chat site. If the room gets busy, and people meet a few other people there they like, they might return to chat when things get slow at their regular chat sites. Maybe they'll even like it enough to move an established room over.

I think crush.fm radio touched on another good method. They've been advertising a birthday bash for one of their dj's in one of their crush rooms--I'm pretty sure some of the listeners will stop in to that chat, just to check things out. Again, maybe they'll meet some people they like, and return off and on to chat when things get slow at their regular places.

My only issue again is that this is another clone. sigh. We have clones popping up all over the place.

Edited by Deanne

In regards to the clone comment, SCN has been around long before MSN closed.

Yup and those are the clones that I have the MOST problem with. :) How would you feel if you developed an ocx and tried to implement subscription chat with it, only to have a pack of clones use your ocx without permission, and lead your potential subscribed chatters away to free sites.

:) I don't think you'd like it very much.

At least the clones that started AFTER msn shut down, have some kind of valid excuse for their actions.

Yup and those are the clones that I have the MOST problem with. :) How would you feel if you developed an ocx and tried to implement subscription chat with it, only to have a pack of clones use your ocx without permission, and lead your potential subscribed chatters away to free sites.

:) I don't think you'd like it very much.

At least the clones that started AFTER msn shut down, have some kind of valid excuse for their actions.

tbh?

I wouldnt care, if thats what your into go for it!

It is not as if we say the work is ours. Now that would be a different story. Yes some say the work is theres i can think of a few.

But us and Sparkpea do not. Look at Sparkpea for instance.

It gives credit at the bottom of the chatroom.

Edited by ﭻßļåžéﮍ

When you think of it the main work to be done on any clone is the actually getting people there, and keeping them there. With the whole "if you build it they will come philosophy" does not work in the chat world. As there has been some really good chat servers put together where it amounted to nothing in the end. Essentially if you make something work, and people start coming, this gives you reason to improve your service. Its all about making the right moves, some strategic, some not so strategic.

tbh?

I wouldnt care, if thats what your into go for it!

It is not as if we say the work is ours. Now that would be a different story. Yes some say the work is theres i can think of a few.

But us and Sparkpea do not. Look at Sparkpea for instance.

It gives credit at the bottom of the chatroom.

blaze it looks like you missed my point, so I'll clarify it a bit. :)

If you had a large base of chatters, and took the time, effort, and even financial committment to create your very own scn chat software, with plans of earning some income through implementing subscription chat on your chat software.... Would you appreciate every tom, doug, and harry coming along and offering to let people chat on your copyrighted chat software for FREE on their sites? lol Now wouldn't that kind of under-cut your potential to market your ocx on a subscription chat bases?

Anyone that says 'yes' they wouldn't mind either has too much money to care (and probably wouldn't have implemented subscription chat to start with) or is just to shallow to let reality sink in, and realize they would really NOT like others doing that to them. Letting it all sink in causes an uncomfortable tension at having to face that what they've done by using someone elses chat software without permission is just flat out unethical and wrong, at best, and illegal at worst. :)

blaze, at the very least I do respect how blunt sparkpea is with letting people know they are chatting on msn chat software. I don't know about your site, because I was only there once, and didn't notice if you were more like sparkpea in being open about it, or more like buzzen, and hiding it. But I do know any respect I could must up for buzzen is heavily over-ridden by disgust at how they have hidden the ocx situation from people who MIGHT care, and played up the benefit those fake msn ads brought them.

Guest X-Fusion
I personally like Sparkpea. If I had to choose a clone, it would definately be Sparkpea just because of the staff there. But, I think I'll go ahead and lock this thread just incase it spills into another clone thread. Dont want to diminish a good thing. :)