using nicks in dialogs

Daniel_gr

since im started asking dumb questions anyway. lets continue

is there a way to use the nick selected in the nicklist in dialoggs.

or do i have to script a nicklist into the dialog like in hybrid??

the basic idea is to have a docked dialog at the botom of the screen with kick/access add options etc.

so it would look rather stupid if i had to code a nicklist there as well.

thanks for the help in advance

Daniel_gr..

Yeah there's a simple way of doing what I think you mean.

Create your dialog, add the kick buttons etc. On the coding that signals the kick, just use the simple kick $active $$1. I think that's the way of doing it. Never really tried to be honest.

i meant more like an on select put nick in var, get nicks username get gate kind of thing.(phreik chat)

for now im gona use a roundabout kind a way(hide nicklist, and make a docked nicklist dialog)

but if someone knows how to do it with the normal nicklist i would be very gratefull if they can tell me how

• 2 weeks later...

ok one last try.

for those of you that used hybrid in some distant past.

when you opend the nicklist dialog and selected a nick hybrid showed the decoded nick in a textfield. without having to push a button.

THAT is what im trying to get.

when you click a nick in the nicklist i want to do something with the selected nick(in this case display username.gatekeeper and asl info) without having to press a <get info> button.

now my question again: is this possible using the standard mirc nicklist and if yes, how.

or do i need to script my own nicklist???

thanks in advance for anyone who can shine some light on this

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, it's possible, but you'll have to edit one of the mIRC options and use something like the following code:

on *:dialog:info:init:*:{
; Add the nick information into the dialog controls here. $snick($active,1) is the first selected nickname in the active window.
}

The mIRC option you have to change is in Alt+O > IRC > Mouse. Change the part next to "Nicklist:" under "Command to perform on double click" to "/dialog -m info info" without the quotes.

Edited by hixxy

• 1 year later...

Yes, it's possible, but you'll have to edit one of the mIRC options and use something like the following code:

on *:dialog:info:init:*:{
; Add the nick information into the dialog controls here. $snick($active,1) is the first selected nickname in the active window.
}

The mIRC option you have to change is in Alt+O > IRC > Mouse. Change the part next to "Nicklist:" under "Command to perform on double click" to "/dialog -m info info" without the quotes.

i just pu in the alt+o section mentioned above " /set %dog $$1" that created my variable and i used that in the dialouge.

"{ /set %dog $$1 | /set %doghouse $active | /dialog -t caracol $$1 }"