Password at start

hello ,

i am making a mirc script called CyberResearch ,, but i wanne make a password dialog that ask a password when you start mirc,, en if you enter a wrong password then quit mirc. en when you enter the correct password then mirc connect to a server

i have no idea to make this can somebody help me ...?

Buy Odysseus w0ot.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello ,

i am making a mirc script called CyberResearch ,, but i wanne make a password dialog that ask a password when you start mirc,, en if you enter a wrong password then quit mirc. en when you enter the correct password then mirc connect to a server

i have no idea to make this can somebody help me  ...?

Buy Odysseus w0ot.gif

on *:start:{
 if ($md5($input(Enter password:, dip, Password request)) == <password in md5 format>) { server blah blah }
 else { exit }
}

Type //echo -a $md5(<password you want to use>) to get the md5 hash of the password, then you can change <password in md5 format> to that hash.

Edited by tidy trax

if ($md5($input(Enter password:, dip, Password request)) == <password in md5 format>) { server blah blah }
else { exit }
} 

Type //echo -a $md5(<password you want to use>) to get the md5 hash of the password, then you can change <password in md5 format> to that hash. 

each time mirc quit notworking.gif

else { exit }
} 

each time mirc quit notworking.gif

You're only supposed to put the part inside the code tags in remote and you have to change the "<password in md5 format>" part like I said in the last post.

i understand what your saying but the code don't work , my mirc quit every time i try

First i copy the code to my password.ini file

else { exit }

Then i type :

Type //echo -a $md5 charmed

then i changed <password in md5 format>)

into charmed , en restart my mirc, en typ charmed , but it is notworking.gif

87052402, what you are to do is type this

in a mIRC window, type this

//echo -at : $md5(<PUT YOUR PASSWORD HERE>)

E.G.

//echo -at : $md5(hi bob)

then it will give you a 32 character string

copy that string

and place it in tidy's code where it says <password in md5 format>

NOTE: you will need to change his coding, you may not want it to do server blah blah [since that isn't even a server], you may want it to greet the person, or you may want a dialog to come up, you are to change it. TIDY didn't give you the code and expect it to be everything you need, you are still required to do some work.

Edited by The Gate Keeper

I found out that code doesn't work. Try this code instead...

if ($input(Enter password:, dip, Password request) == $md5(<non-hashed code here>)) { server blah blah }
 else { exit }
}

EG:
 if ($input(Enter password:, dip, Password request) == $md5(TechGear007)) { server blah blah }
 else { exit }
}

So, whenever the passcode box comes up you will enter the code of

a7d440019ca304febe2a26125285e633

This is the hash code for TechGear007.

P.S.: I tried this out, and it works for me. smile.gif

Edited by Warrior124