Nicklist Probs

Neo-Ravencroft

hi all,

im haveing a problem with a nicklist im recodeing for a friend.

the problem im haveing is this;

im trying to remove my nick from the nicklist i got this done thanks to code from ozzy in the MSN section... but my problem is, that any nick below mine when i click it selects the nick above it... i had this fixed by adding a

if ($nick($1,%l) == $me) did -a nick. [ $+ [ $1 ] ] 1 0 $chr(160)

which does fix the problem, but it adds a space where my name would be lol

alias -l refresh { 
 if (!$dialog(nick. [ $+ [ $1 ] ])) return 
 did -r nick. [ $+ [ $1 ] ] 1
 var %l 1
 while (%l <= $nick($1,0)) { 
   did -a nick. [ $+ [ $1 ] ] 1 0 + $nickicon($nick($1,%l),$1) $nick($1,%l)
   if ($nick($1,%l) == $me) did -ra nick. [ $+ [ $1 ] ] 8 0 + $nickicon($nick($1,%l),$1) $nick($1,%l)
   did -ra nick. [ $+ [ $1 ] ] 4 $nick($1,0) People Talking
   inc %l
 }
}

lol any help would be great! lol

Edited by Neo-Ravencroft

alias -l refresh { 
if (!$dialog(nick. [ $+ [ $1 ] ])) return 
did -r nick. [ $+ [ $1 ] ] 1
set %l 1
while (%l <= $nick($1,0)) { 
  if ($nick($1,%l) != $me) did -a nick. [ $+ [ $1 ] ] 1 0 + $nickicon($nick($1,%l),$1) $nick($1,%l)
  if ($nick($1,%l) == $me) did -ra nick. [ $+ [ $1 ] ] 8 0 + $nickicon($nick($1,%l),$1) $nick($1,%l)
  did -ra nick. [ $+ [ $1 ] ] 4 $nick($1,0) People Talking
  inc %l
}
}

yea that's what i was saying before. You are going to run into problems around this area. You need to either store all the names in a hash table/ini file, and each time you right click on that nick, it checks for the real nick

or

i did in GuarDDog v. 4, where it stores the position that i am ment to be in a variable, and if that user is after my number or equal to my number in the list, it plus 1 and then checks for the information, that way you get the right info.

2 alternatives you can try, both will work, but speed wise, i'm not to sure.

lol, my expertise in GuarDDog v. 4, confuse everyone with mass alias in 1 page tongue.gif.

this should give you some help.

it is the alias i use to retrieve the nick position.

gdnick { return $nick($active,$iif($did($did).sel > %me,$did($did).sel,$calc($did($did).sel -1))) }

strange how you guys have this prob, my nicklist removes my nick and puts it in another box and i dont have to -1 to it

it keeps it correct without doing that

maybe its how you have made your lists

well using a few if's and a bit of work... and about 20 extra lines of code i dont need, but have to use cause i have no clue what im doing i have it working.... but i have one small problem that i cant seem to get:

How can i make the nicklist refresh when i switch channels? like im in #linux, and i switch to #Windows make it so the windows nicklist refreshes?

i need this because, i have a variable set when the nicklist refreshes that grabs my posistion in the nicklist, and -1's or does nothing depending on where i am and the next nick is, but if my nick is in diffrent posistions in diffrent rooms, it throws it off a bit. and i have no idea what code to use lol

Thanks Neo

P.S. thanks Gate for the alias but it just confused me more :s i have alot of learning to do before i can do the complicated stuff lol

Edited by Neo-Ravencroft