Broken Windows Live Login

Guest Travis

Guest Travis

It's been over a month since I've been able to use my messenger. I use Trillian and one day it wouldn't connect. Right when it goes to connect it dc's and retry's. Window's Live Messenger crashes when it starts. Web Messenger works 50% of the time. And of course no support. Whenever I felt like bashing my head against a wall I follow links and such for possible solutions but nothing fixes it. Windows Live beta crashes too.

What shitty support and a pain in the ass.

It's been over a month since I've been able to use my messenger. I use Trillian and one day it wouldn't connect. Right when it goes to connect it dc's and retry's. Window's Live Messenger crashes when it starts. Web Messenger works 50% of the time. And of course no support. Whenever I felt like bashing my head against a wall I follow links and such for possible solutions but nothing fixes it. Windows Live beta crashes too.

What shitty support and a pain in the ass.

do you get an error message? have you tried on a different computer? or a different computer in a different network (i.e. not at home?)?

My girlfriend had a similar issue using the current messenger and she was stranded on the old messenger. i worked it out via uninstalling messenger, and going through and deleting something from appdata, then restarting and reinstalling.

Guest Travis

Yeah I saw that solution and it didn't work. This happens on different messengers on different computers. I have uninstalled, reinstalled. This happens on different messenger platforms. Even web messenger has issues at times pulling up my contacts list.

No worries, I don't really use messenger. Its just the support that is seriously lacking. MS basically says tough shit, good luck fixing our service unless you want to pay us $200 an hour.

Go in to Appdata/Local/Microsoft and do you see the Windows Live Contacts folder?

Delete that, then open MSN and try logging in.

I had a similar problem, and that did the trick :) Don't worry, no contacts disappear or anything, so even if it gets deleted and it still does'nt work, nothing happens to msn.

Guest Travis

Go in to Appdata/Local/Microsoft and do you see the Windows Live Contacts folder?

Delete that, then open MSN and try logging in.

I had a similar problem, and that did the trick :) Don't worry, no contacts disappear or anything, so even if it gets deleted and it still does'nt work, nothing happens to msn.

Yeah, this is the same solution TGK brought up. I tried this about a month ago and it made no difference. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Travis. I don't know if you got the solution worked out, but did you have any updates to your AV software before these things started happening? If so the update may be causing problems connecting about any messenger. Also, if you are using an AV program, are you running the same AV program on all your pc's you're having problems with?