Mail Servers

has anyone tried on those, smartertools - smart email / axigen mail server ? i've been using ms exchange but thinkin to migrate to something else so there's something better than ms exchange ? im lookin for web user interface to add new mails for new employees which i cannot find in ms exchngae i've to do it from exchange server

thnx.

Microsoft Exchange would probably be your best bet for providing a web interface to users, especially if you already have an exchange server set up. I don't know the exact method to do it but I can find out from my colleague, who set ours up. Additionally, anyone that has a Blackberry can pick up their mail through exchange and, if you have a wireless router, there are also many standard phones that can pick up Exchange e-mail via Wi-Fi.

Active Directory allows you to delegate control over specific aspects (for example, the ability to create users in a specified Organisational Unit) and MS Exchange is controlled through AD. I haven't tried it before but it would stand to reason that you would be able to grant users the ability to create e-mail accounts without giving users the rights to create/delete user accounts.