Fresh Emoticon Nick Unicodes

Rift

As of right now these are working to produce a ( and a ) that will successfully be interpreted by the OCX as valid parentheses and create an Emoticon nick once again in MSN Chat as the more common ones had been blocked. I never understood why they didnt just cut to the chase if they didnt like it and make the nick not able to contain graphical information even if the symbols were genuine but whatever :D I will add more upon request. if anyone wants a particular symbol let me know and ill see if i can figure it out:)

The mirc combo for ( is Àè and for ) is Àé

If you are sending it in a URL type encoded form, then this is the url encoded representations:

( %C0%E8

) %C0%E9

eg %C0%E86%C0%E9 would be a devil face:)

and Àú or %C0%FA is a : great for :[ bats

Anyhow it should be fun for most of the sparkpea users and anyone else hosting the ocx for nostalgia/chat etc. :)

people are trying to paste Àú or %C0%FA directly into the nickname box on the local site i think, so instead of it coming out like :[name:[ it comes out Àú[nameÀú[.

It should be understood that when you use combos like Àú they must be set in mIRC using /nick Àú etc.., if you put them in the nickbox the only way they MIGHT work is if you FIRST change the pages encoding to ISO-8859-1 and THEN Submit the nick. as for something like %C0%FA that must be inserted directly though the headers as they get sent to the nickname processing application. Ive built a form for people that does this on my local server but right now it's only set up for one site.