Google Doubles GMail Storage Space

DigitalX

anyone needing that kind of storage for emails should use pop3 accounts imo. At least now Google have provided its users with a much simpler way to transfer CD copies over the internet tongue.gif

Gmail does have POP3 smile.gif.

And my Gmail went up to 2052 MB, which is 2GB. So yes, it's applied.

The "Cool Thing" about Gmail is the way it does everything totally differently from every other email provider. And the fact that the ads don't suck. They're the only ads that I ever think about clicking (and sometimes I do).

anyone needing that kind of storage for emails should use pop3 accounts imo. At least now Google have provided its users with a much simpler way to transfer CD copies over the internet tongue.gif

Considering you can only send up to 10mb attachments, very unlikely.

Considering you can only send up to 10mb attachments, very unlikely.

well considering you got a 10 MB per-email sending limit and your average song is 3-6MB and you got 2GB of storage and your average CD is 700MB or so it is possible if you send the CD track by track .......

Ah, so they are wrong.

2GB = 2,147,483,648 bytes

2GB = 2,097,152 kilobytes

2GB = 2,048 megabytes

(worked out in case anyone doesn't know binary/byte computation)

2052 is still really, really close. I'm not complaining.

Edited by Ziggy