Just Curious

Computing_Error

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my suggested idea will work will it not Ziggy ??

not with ignitionServices (yet). But it would work on most other services if any of them worked on Windows and the Windows build was configured for standard IRCD and not Unreal....

* AI sets mode: +NOocekbBKCDRWHPs

* Now talking in #test

* AI sets mode: -o AI

* AI sets mode: +q AI

* AI sets mode: +q AI

* AI sets mode: -q AI

* AI: you're not channel operator

thats the re q im talking about

You can't re-q yourself as a normal user. Protected opers should be able to set whatever level is set in ircx.conf (Q/O/V/NORM) on themselves at any time, and that's what the bug is. It is fixed in the latest CVS version (CVS = concurrent versions system, where we keep the latest sourcecode).

As for you seeing my sourcecode, it's open source. I don't really care who modifies ignitionServer or releases forks of it so long as it complies with the GNU GPL (if you have not read this, you should not touch the source until you do read the license)

And morph3us, the negative comments are usually coming from two or three parties:

- IRCXpro fans (IRCXpro is also written in Visual Basic 6.0, but it uses forms, and unless their "members only" update fixed something, sucks a lot of resources)

- People who don't like me personally. Usually people who are mad that I dropped MSN support and rewrote the server to not use forms.

- People who have used ignitionServer 0.1.2/iS-X9Chat -- 0.1.2 sucked. And the server X9Chat used from December 2003 to March 2004 (roughly) is a bastardized version of a prerelease of 0.1.3 (which was actually released as 0.2.1) and by nature sucked. X9Chat's newest server (up until they closed E9N when Michio gave up) was based on parts of pureIRCd and ignitionServer 0.3.3, so it's a major improvement, but still sucked, because ignitionServer is based on pureIRCd, except we fixed most of their bugs/problems and rewrote most of their code. Michio didn't get time to totally rewrite the code we rewrote (which is why he should have just taken iS and made his changes and done it in a GPL-compatible way)... but I digress.

Most of the people talking trash about iS have an agenda. But also keep in mind it's in Beta (working on making it release canidate -- 0.3.8 and 0.3.9 should be the last betas after I release 0.3.7 soon), and I can't work on it until I fix VMware (apparently the version I have is incompatible with Linux 2.6.11, so I have to upgrade to 5.0-rc2... but that requires downloading a 50MB file on dialup).

Also, in the future, if you have support questions on ignitionServer, you will get a much faster response if you ask in our forum. If you think you've found a bug, report it on our bug tracker (I'm going to add a link at the bottom of the home page for it). If it's invalid, I can mark it invalid. Every bit helps, even if it is wrong.

Also, in the future, if you have support questions on ignitionServer, you will get a much faster response if you ask in our forum. If you think you've found a bug, report it on our bug tracker (I'm going to add a link at the bottom of the home page for it). If it's invalid, I can mark it invalid. Every bit helps, even if it is wrong.

I meant to add that to this thread before but got sidetracked.. sorry

hey ziggy thanks for ya reply. WEll this mate of mine is never online a so yeah But i have decided that il make my own Ircx server with jamie from chatsusa. We are both learning vb very quickly and making a decent progress at this current time. I dont know what came ova me though but i guess i like a challange. Il keep ya posted on my progress.

• 10 years later...
Guest LotusEsports

Jesus Crist, this is a very old thread. I cannot believe its still around. When did TG007 comealive again?

- Michio former X9Chat/E9N/ECHAT Owner