GUNicklist

Winz

Hi all!

I have released a beta version of what I am calling GUN, "Graphical User Nicklist", for mIRC. I want to utilize this forum to discuss issues, suggestions, and provide ways to make GUN as good, if not better, as its predecessors such as Nicklust and Nicklist dialogs.

What I think stands out the most between GUN and the others is that it is %100 written in mIRC's default dialog code.

Starting out, you will probably see a lot of errors on the status page, dialog might close unexpectedly and some other minor issues. It has been tested with mass joins and parts and even mass nick mode changes. However, I would like it to be tested by varying users under different conditions to try and spot other bugs, improve runtime/resources.

I do not expect this to take over mIRC's default nicklist, this is mostly for those who like to chat in mIRC and like seeing graphics representing each users ops status.

I have only tested it in KISS, the script I made for SPCN. I do not foresee any adverse effects from other scripts, but that is why I'm hoping more people will get involved in this project.

I ask, while participating with GUN in the Beta stage that NO ONE change the code. If you have suggestions for code changes or improvements, please post them here and I will change the file to test it. If it is sound, your name along with your addition will be included in the file as well..

11 hours ago, Winz said:

Starting out, you will probably see a lot of errors on the status page

This morning before GUN was approved, I went a head and added some code to help prevent this to help clean it up a bit. So the version you download should be cleaner.

So Paige gave me a ton of ideas... I'm going to start working on them now. If anyone has ideas, please post them here.

Thanks!

Thanks err0r!

This is a fun project.. Have a new update, no nick commands right now, just working on the nicklist stability right now... Mind if I upload the .mrc file here for now?

Found an issue when more than 50 nicknames are in a channel where the names don't load correctly.

The file attached here has been updated for GUN to load the nicklist when there are more than 50 nicknames in a room.

Thank you danger for the clones!

I will upload another version of GUN at a later date, the current version still loads channels with fewer than 25 nicknames properly. Those of you who play with cloners will want the attached file.

GUNicklist.mrc

GUN v1.5 has been released!

GUN now includes its own channel access list, a user count and a couple of bug fixes.

I hope everyone enjoys using GUN! Feel free to make your scripts around it.