Broken Remotes.mrc

SEC

I'm having difficulties figuring out why my remotes.mrc file isn't working.  Seems it's either in the way the gates are saved to a .ini file or read.  When I type the remote command in the channel, nothing happens.  I've been trying to figure this out for weeks and I'm at a loss.

If someone could have a look and advise on a fix, I'd greatly appreciate it and a nod in the initial release of Zeus will of course be given.

Thanks

SEC®™

Remotes.mrc

i will take a look at it but i wonder why you use an ini file to do this when mirc has built in levels.

Looking over the file i see you are using $ial($nick,1) .  You should not use this for any reason. IALs will change on ircwx networks.

For example here is mine "err0r!1.1cd66d0.6492d38d732122c58b44e3fdc3e9e9f3@BuzzenPassport"

The 1.1cd66d0. part will change per connection.

The 6492d38d732122c58b44e3fdc3e9e9f3@BuzzenPassport part is what you want to use.

I created an alias you can use instead.

You can get the alias @ https://www.tg007.net/snippets/id-76

basically anywhere you are using $ial($nick,1) replace that with $gaddy($nick)

Just make sure you are adding it to your ini file in the same format. ( though i would use levels instead of ini )

22 hours ago, err0r said:

Looking over the file i see you are using $ial($nick,1)

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong file.  I am using your alias gaddy, but named it gate.  Gates get added in this fashion...

[%#Regulars\bComputing\bChat]
SEC®™>f50c1f06247234890016d83d0a5685e3=Owner

[%#atomic]
SEC®™>f50c1f06247234890016d83d0a5685e3=Owner

I'm using a .ini file for ease of editing with a link to open it in the toolbar.

Remotes.mrc

On 6/2/2018 at 9:25 AM, SEC said:

Seems it's either in the way the gates are saved to a .ini file or read.

I was correct as far as how the gates were written. I had to go a different route besides using gates. remotes are working now.

glad you got it to work.. however if you are saving it as SEC®™>f50c1f06247234890016d83d0a5685e3=Owner  and using my alias then it wouldn't work that way. f50c1f06247234890016d83d0a5685e3=Owner is how it would work.

• 2 months later...

Bans, Hosts, Owners, Grants & Invites Access All Require $ial($nick).user to work correctly too many wildcard entries such as $address($nick,1) stop access being able to add and spams a "too many wild card entries" message whenever access is attempted.

To fix your connection so $ial($nick).user is correct do the following:
(1.) Find server sockread within your scripts connection file. 

* Will be be something along the lines of (Socket name "server" could be just about anything):

on *:SOCKREAD:server: {

(2.) Find line in the sockread that says tokenize 32 %something ("%something" could be anything just look for the "tokenize 32" it will be near the top  of the sockread.
(3.) Below the
tokenize 32 put the following code:

if ($istok(PRIVMSG WHISPER NOTICE JOIN PART QUIT MODE KICK  INVITE KNOCK 822 821,$2,32)) && ($numtok($1,33) > 1) {

var %changevar, %l

%changevar = $+($gettok($1,1,33),!,$gettok($gettok($1,2,33),$numtok($gettok($1,2,33),46),46)) $2-

tokenize 32 %changevar

}

Change the varible name %changevar to the varible name used in your connections "tokenize 32" you dont need to include the local var declaration "var %changevar, %l" if changing it to your connections sockread varible.

You can now use $ial($nick).user for access and whatever in script it will always be the same.

For Your Personal Access Entries Use: $ial($me).user

* Raw Connection: To get users correct user IAL for access purposes, You need to use:

$gettok($ial($nick).user,$numtok($ial($nick).user,46),46) within the your code.

if you wish to turn it into an alias use:

alias ial.user return $gettok($ial($1).user,$numtok($ial($1).user,46),46)

then in code use: $ial.user($nick) for remotes or $ial.user($$1)  for poppups