Inspircd

Groovyaxis2

G'day is there any reader here who has knowledge of inspircd and the m_nationalchars.so module and has 10 minutes to PM me and offer some guidance. I am trying to get some support for unicoded nicks (Yes i am aware of the dangers of such).

The documentation for such is fairly straight forward and easy to follow but the problem is the documentation is out dated and some things have been changed since the documentation was written.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the reply Alex, actually it is out dated. i stated the documentation was out dated for the config file... you have just posted the part found in the config file. Where as all the other information found in vitreous places (including there sites) references an old set up that was ran in earlier virs of inspircd. Any how i was able to get a fix.exe in regards to this off a member/developer from them. Although i have not got it working yet i am confidant i have a better chance at it since running the patch. Even setting the correct paths in the config section ( thats the section you posted) it still wont allow the chars (probs something im doing wrong)

P.s and i can now see why this site is dead or dieing, you come here looking for help and get spoke to like an idiot

Edited by Groovyaxis2

err0r you are completely correct, i apologize i did not mean to insinuate the site is self was the problem... that was poor wording on my behalf.

But i was not laying any blaim on this site what so ever. My comment directed at the site was merely me making an observation that the site is dead or dieting, due to some of the comments offers by the members here and the attitude of some.

Anyway it doesn't matter im over it.

PK thanks for the reply, it is frustrating situation mostly due to the fact (i am no expert and am not as good as some) but still i try.

the new vir does not come with it correct but i was able to get a patch from them witch i am thankful for. In old virs once you set the path in the config you also needed to set the supporting port access so the server knows to watch for chars on a set port. but as all the documentation is out dated im not sure if that is still a necessity, i have tested a few setups with it and have not had any luck yet. from what i understand if i was on a linux server it wouldn't be much of an issue . i do plan to move the irc to 2 or 3 different servers in time but for now i am limited on funds so make do with what i have.