Do You Think

JOhnson

:oops: question ... do you think that Microsoft's idea of doing away with internet explorer and putting Project Spartan will effect chat network's ... I would love to hear your views on this ... again thank you for any replies to this topic :D

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Moderator

Haven't tried any of the ocx chats but i've tested spartan on buzzen and it runs fine no issues what so ever. I will test it on an ocx chat at some point this week and see what it's like or if it will even run the ocx.

Thank you for your reply Eyecu ... yes it would be good to hear if Project Spartan works with the other chat networks ocx ... good luck and thanks again for the reply :D

I looked on this site www.thurrott.com but for some reason I couldn't cope and paste the full link into this topic :( ... on their site there is "Need to Know: Microsoft Edge" which is all about Project Spartan and how this is just a codename for Windows 10 new browser called "Edge" ... I don't know why I cant copy and paste but I am sure someone will tell me why :D

• Site Moderator

I wasn't able to get spartan to work with the ocx but i admit i didn't play with it all that much as i don't use webchat all that much and dont use any that are the old ocx

• 5 weeks later...

:oops: iv tried to get the beta ... "edge browser" from msn but seems they are keeping it close to the chest so no way of testing it on any of the msn clone chat network and I can't test it in buzzen but I will take your word :lbounce: that it works in buzzen ... if anyone can enlighten me on how edge will affect msn clone chat net works I would love to hear :yes: ... as always any replies would be good to hear on this thread :D

Microsoft Edge is only available within the Windows 10 Insider Preview, so just go and download that and you'll have it.

Yes places like Buzzen etc. will continue to work as they just use Flash, jQuery etc. which are all standard technologies now.

I have tried an old OCX website using Microsoft Edge on the Windows 10 Insider Preview and it doesn't work. There really aren't that many clone websites still using the OCX so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Well, Sparkpea still uses it but who goes there anyway? Most of the other chat websites now use their own technologies just themed to look like the old OCX (BrasilChat, Buzzen, Oasiz).

thanks for the reply ... you made a comment "Well, Sparkpea still uses it but who goes there anyway" you would be surprised I took a look in there late one night and some of the rooms look really health with people chatting ... lets hope they can turn things round so microsoft edge will work for them but only time will tell :D again thanks for the reply