Lightirc .css Wanted

Groovyaxis2

sadly i try to think about that all the time, i am trying to put together a site based mostly on features i know members like.. at the moment though the biggest thing that holds up development/progress is the webchat side of things. though i have probably made a huge step in the right direction moving from officeirc (is an ok server if your after straight up and down irc with less accessibility, unless of cores you are gifted in the art of writing webscripts to add work arounds) to an ircd that does offer alot in the way of modules and scaleability , however im still stumped on the hole webchat side of things so that in itself is a speed bump lol ... i have got lightirc running for that job but im not 100% sure im happy with it at the moment. anyway one step at a time and i'll get there, as i'm actually doing this alone at the moment progress is slow due to having to learn some along the way , not a bad thing though lol

p.s on the insp server just an update .... i was awake until 3:30am last night and i have managed to get MOST modules enabled "not a hard task just slow going for my first time" .. i did run in to a few miner problems along the way like i was hoping to have the custom mode prefix but both the module and custom failed with "prefix already in use"

anyhow not a big issue at this stage and my advice to any one who wants to run inspirIRCd is to make data/start logfile your friend lol

Eyecu to get around the renaming the files and paths i had to change the paths anyway as they where set in the .conf like conf/example/nameofconf.conf.example so all i did was download the entire conf folder and edited/replaced what i needed , that also helped now i dont have a conf directory full of unwanted or unused files makes what i need to find so much easier... i did notice one small bug/typo in the .conf set up file and that was to do with the quotes file it was set in as <randquote file="quotes.conf"> when that file does not exist however there was a quotes.txt so i changed it to .conf and moved it to the conf directory for simplicity later on <randquote file="conf/quotes.conf">... "not even sure why i wanted it tbh" lol but will edit it in due time...

do you have any suggestions on webchat side of things? is there something already designed to run with insp.. i did notice the http settings but i assume thats more for backend admin stuff , i do still want to integrate it into the cms as well.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic