Need Some Coding Help Please

fpatrick

First time running a script on Phreik chat and having problems with admin commands. I am not an advanced scripter by any means just very basic but learning. I am starting to think that commands like 'deown, 'own etc. etc. can't be used on Phreik. I am using Mirc 7.29, PeaceKeeper V.1.3 (Unreal-Phreik Edition), PhreikChat Features Addon Script V1.8. I think I posted this under the wrong topic my apologies.

The coding is as follows:

on admin:TEXT:'deown:*:{ /mode $comchan($nick,1) -q $nick }

I have tried many variations of code that my puny brain can think of like mode # -q $nick and $chan and, $active, 1$$, no brackets, no / etc. and nothing seems too work. Commands are on and I am in the user tab as admin.

This code doesn't seem to work either to get the list of commands:

on admin:TEXT:'admin1:*: { .notice $nick Admin_ $+ $remove($nick,') (*) Here Are Your Commands (*)
.notice $nick 'own ~ Gold up (in main or whisper)
.notice $nick 'deown ~ Deown yourself (in main or whisper)
.notice $nick 'host ~ Host yourself (in main or whisper)
.notice $nick 'dehost ~ Dehost yourself (in main or whisper)
.notice $nick 'version ~ Show you my Version (in main or whisper)
.notice $nick 'report <msg> in whisper to $remove($me,') to leave a "report"
.notice $nick 'admin2 for more ...
}

I tried using the alias tell for ctcp but that didn't work

I am at a loss.

Edited by fpatrick

first thing you want to ensure is that it's reading you correctly from the users list..

example

on admin:TEXT:'work:*:{ msg # yes i will work for you $nick }

that should msg the channel back if you are in the correct user group

on admin:TEXT:'deown:*:{ /mode $comchan($nick,1) -q $nick }

You should not use $comchan in this instance. $comchan looks for the 1st room that both the script and the $Nick are in. If you are in multiple rooms then this could cause it not to work. you should use # or $chan instead like so

on admin:TEXT:'deown:*:{ /mode # -q $nick }

It also depends on if phreik includes any font codes.. then you would need to use wildcard

on admin:TEXT:*'deown*:*:{ /mode # -q $nick }

give these things a try and see what happens.

Thank you for your time and I tried all the commands you suggested to include 'work code and nothing works.

I think I see the problem now. I do not believe that the user group is being read correctly which in Buzzen or MSN was never a problem. So I never gave that a thought until you mentioned it. In Phreik chat my main non script chat nick Śĥįfţ is in two rooms. I owner in one room and nick shows

Śĥįfţ . None of my scripts are in this room. I have my own room in Phreik so I am in 2 different rooms with the same nick. My nick in my room shows Śĥįfţ' notice the ' at end of the nick. In my room I have a game script and a protection script. When I added the game script nick (Strike Eagle) to the protection script (Soldier) as admin the 'work and all other commands worked. Strike Eagle and Soldier nicks are in one room only.

This code works fine with the Śĥįfţ' nick so I guess the user group is being read fine in this code:

on admin:JOIN:*:{ .ctcpreply $nick TIME Hello Admin_ $+ $remove($nick,') Type 'admin1 to 'admin6 for your options.

but when I type 'admin1 using the Śĥįfţ' nick nothing happens

I tried deleting the ' at end of nick under the user tab but that didn't work either

Under the user tab of Soldier in my room it shows the Śĥįfţ' nick.

Example:

[23:39] Śĥįfţ' : 'work
[23:40] Śĥįfţ' : 'work
[23:43] Śĥįfţ' : 'work
[23:44] Śĥįfţ' : 'work
[23:46] Śĥįfţ' : !work
[23:54] Śĥįfţ' : !work
[00:02] Śĥįfţ' : !work
[00:36] Śĥįfţ' : !work
[00:38] Śĥįfţ' : !work
[00:41] Śĥįfţ' : !work
[00:42] Śĥįfţ' : !work
[00:42] Śĥįfţ' : !work
[00:48] Śĥįfţ' : !work
[00:54] Śĥįfţ' : !work
[01:02] Śĥįfţ' : !work

|| 01:07:18 || -> -Strike_Eagle- You are an Admin now , for commands type 'admin1 / 'admin6
|| 01:07:49 || @Strike_Eagle : !work
|| 01:07:50 || <._Soldier_> yes i will work for you Strike_Eagle

I must admit I need some Tylenol for my headache now :D cuz this is confusing!!!!!!!

Thank you again for your time and help

<p>depending on how phreik masks your ip address you may want to consider adding user by gate. Then the nick name doesn't really factor in. You could change your nickname and still be able to use the list<br />

<br />

auser the address like $address($nick,1) or $address($$1,1) if in the nicklist menu.<br />

<br />

I'm afraid i haven't been on phreik in some time so i'm a bit foggy on how it's setup.</p>

I discovered that the shift nick being in 2 rooms at the same time, isn't the issue. I tried ur suggestion with the gate on both the shift nick and the strike eagle nick. Shift nick didn't work but strike eagle worked fine and the only thing in the user list was the gate for both. Now I am starting to think that it is the coded shift nick being that strike eagle is a regular letter nick. Must be the input of !work from the coded shift nick into the room doesn't work with the user group. I say this because I can start all my games using !hangman, !spin, etc. using the coded shift nick. It appears I will have to go without admin stuff, or change from a coded nick to a regular nick. Thanks again for your time and help I learned a lot.

there could be some other factors involved but the nick shouldn't matter if you are using the gate.. do you happen to have the user in more than one level?

no it is admin only and ur right it has nothing to do with the nick I changed it to a normal character nick and it still doesn't work. The commands work fine in my script nick strike eagle which is the game bot but won't work using my non-script nick Shift. Maybe I need to be on mirc with the shift nick

I needed a $regsubex in my remotes to aid in getting it to work in my script. Not sure about Phriek as I haven't been to their chat. Just a suggestion.