The Debate??

Chief

Cant wait to see the implementation of chatcore into buzzen , should be interesting !

Oh hell, surely not Buzzen?

Would be much better to merge with a smaller chat and try and start competing with them.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chief

Oh hell, surely not Buzzen?

Would be much better to merge with a smaller chat and try and start competing with them.

:lmaojump: must agree there ... would be nice to see smaller chat networks joining each other and working together :D

why bother merging with a small network, they were already a small network in terms of numbers... why go from 50 chatters to 150 chatters only.. would just be a waste of time and development.. Much better to try to improve an already large and established network. Chatcore has been in "competition" as you call it for years against all the other networks so why continue that. Makes little sense. If you want to change then you go for the better chance at success in my opinion. Both services are trying to improve and other than petty hate for Buzzen people should see this as a good thing as in the end it benefits the users.

Bottom line is chatcore was/is an outstanding project that never got the attention it rightly deserved. Buzzen can give them the platform to showcase their work. And in return Buzzen and all of it's users will benefit. I would say it's a great match. Buzzen and Chatcore made a deal that would help both of them to hopefully grow into something better than either had before. I can't see anything wrong with that logic.

:lmaojump: yeah err0r you would say that as your part of buzzen in one way or another and I can understand why you say that ... as for buzzen improving chatcore and showcasing there work ... :lolwave: where im sat ... buzzen will take all of chatcores ideas and develop there own site and then where does chatcore stand ... wonder if there staff ever thought of that :oops: well good luck chatcore :D

yes and you would say that as part of another small network lol you have no idea what goes on in buzzen developement.. you don't know or talk to a single person in charge of any of it. I talk to the both the owners of buzzen and the owners of chatcore on a daily basis sir. No one is taking advantage of anyone else.. no one forced chatcore to work with buzzen. they chose to. do you think buzzen was the only network to want chatcore to be part of their team? Most any network would jump through hoops to work with them.

Your idea that buzzen is some evil empire stealing ppl's work is just absurd and even downright petty. Buzzen has shown no evidence of doing anything of the sort and as I talk to Nathan pretty much everyday i can tell you that as far as i know he doesn't feel taken advantage of.

I have chatted on chatcore over the years.. I have even helped them with development of a staff client in the past ( while i was working for Buzzen I might add ). I don't recall you or any of the others crying now helping chatcore grow. They have been around for years and never and I mean never got the user support they should have. And now that they want to be a part of a project with Buzzen you come out of the woodwork to tell them how wonderful they are and how they should merge with some other little network. I would suggest you get over your petty differences with a network that has done nothing but work their ass off to provide it's users with a place to chat. Buzzen has made mistakes, they have trusted people they shouldn't have but they have always worked to keep buzzen there for it's users and improve their services. And for that you want to knock them down.. I would like to know just what it is that Buzzen has done to you that gives you the opinion that they are such bad people.. If they were i assure you I would not align myself with them. And yes I am a part of Buzzen in that I help them with development. I started doing that at first because a friend asked me for some help and anyone that knows me, and yes that includes you sir, knows that I help my friends. After I saw how in a bind they were in regards to development I started devoting my time to try and make Buzzen better. Not for money, not for thanks, but because I saw a need for something I thought I could provide. All I can say is I did the best I could. All the while I have still managed to provide help and support for all networks. I have run techgear just like I have always. I help anyone that requests it. What I do for Buzzen hasn't changed that. I personally don't care that much about chat and I rarely chat. I do what I do because I like to help people and I like challenges of creating new things. So while I don't care much for people like you bad mouthing a service that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt work their ass off for ppl, i am still the same err0r that helps anyone that asks and supports anyone that wants to create their own projects..That includes the network you are on. I have helped that one too by the way!

So If you want to continue to bash a network for no reason then you sir should find another place to go. I would not allow ppl to bash the network you are part of nor any other network. This is a place for ppl to come together in an effort to help and learn in support of each other. If you have valid issues to bring up then do so. But don't make false accusations about something of which you know nothing about, especially when I myself am part of it and know exactly what goes on!

So if any of you would like to discuss the merger or bring up valid points about it or why it should or should not happen I am all for that. Everyone has a right to their opinion. But base that opinion on some sort of facts and just don't bash Buzzen because you are in "competition" with them.

You will notice that I keep quoting "competition". I do that because I know for a fact that it isn't about competing with other networks to Jay the owner of buzzen. He just wants to see Buzzen grow and become better and better. He truly doesn't care what other networks do. As a developer he has never once come to me and told me we have to be better than this other network. He talks to other network owners and many times in the past he has helped them and they have helped him. There is plenty of room for all the networks. it doesn't have to be a competition! They all try their best to provide services for users. That is how it should be. Users ultimately decide where they want to chat and as a network owner the only thing you can control is what you do for them. It's no different in how I"ve run techgear over the years. Sites like evolutionscriptz and chainscriptz have been considered competition to techgear. But we don't see it that way. We have all worked together over the years helping each other. It has only made all of us better. What i do isn't exactly what they do and vice versa. We all have something to offer.

P.S. The only official TG007 chat room is located on Koach's Network.. go figure such a Buzzen fan boy would have his chat there.

Also if I did chat a lot I would probably chat more on chainscriptz network as it's more like what I would setup if I had my own network than anything else. So before you pretend to know where my allegiance lies you might want to double check with me.

well the public isn't really privy to this but you know better than anyone when I don't agree with something in buzzen management or how it's run I'm the first to speak my mind about it to them lol

The truth is Buzzen isn't perfect 100% of the time.. it has issues and problems.. some don't like how the staff does things but that is nothing new on any network.. There are glitches with the site and with the chat that they try to keep in check but with so much variety in the ways to connect to buzzen that can be a daunting task. Things have improved in my eyes since the time I started helping and that is not due to just me. I know for a fact from Jay down to the hosts everyone tries to make buzzen better. It's impossible to please everyone and at times in Buzzen's history things have happened that have upset some people. Mistakes are made everywhere. Not just on Buzzen. I do think Buzzen has learned from their mistakes and has tried to not repeat them. Being part of the team and being privy to as much information as I am about it all I can say with certainty that the people that work on Buzzen in every capacity work hard. They try to do the best job they can. They aren't always right but that is natural. We can't always be right. All we can do is try and give our best effort and from what I have seen they do that. I enjoy working with the people of Buzzen but even I at times have been frustrated with things I have seen. But I will say this. They have always let me speak my mind on it and took it into consideration whether they agreed with me or not. I am in a position that allows me to know and see a lot more than most people when it comes to Buzzen. I see the dedication from the team. I see the hurt they experience when people badmouth all the hard work they have put into it and it is personal for them when it happens. But i've also seen them rise above that and do everything they could to try and make Buzzen better. It's never easy to hear people bash something you put your time and effort into , especially when it's something you are proud of. People should think about that sometimes. I know everyone has their opinion of Buzzen but it can be given without being hurtful to all the people that work to make Buzzen happen. They sacrifice their time as a lot of you have in various networks and projects and I just think people should at least be respectful of that when giving their opinion. I know that if anyone tells buzzen how they could make things better they would at least listen and give it a try. Buzzen is not out to destroy other networks. They aren't trying to compete with anyone. They are simply trying to give the people that want to use their service the best that they can. None of them are hired professionals. They do this because they enjoy it. I for one am extremely happy to see new developers join with Buzzen. I would like to see it offer better service to it's users. I think everyone involved in the endeavor can only benefit. I completely understand why some people do not want to see it happen but I don't see any of those reasons being logical. They are all on an emotional level. There is no doubt that chatcore is/was awesome. I would have been extremely happy for them if their user base had grown to a place where they would never have envisioned doing something else. Sadly that did not happen and I understand how frustrating it is to see your work not get the recognition you think it deserves. Working with Buzzen allows them the opportunity to try and reach more people with their work. I can't fault them for wanting that at all. There is no certainty that this will work out any better for Buzzen or the Chatcore team. However I do have faith that it will. Mainly because I personally know the people involved. I talk to them regularly. I know what everyone hopes to achieve with this and it's not a bad thing. I will just ask give it a chance. See what happens. Since the MSN days I have watched our community shrink and shrink over time. I would like to see it thrive again and honestly none of our community networks are run by companies with the power and money of anything close to MSN. We are all just individuals trying to put something together that will make people happy and hopefully grow chat again for our community. I just can't find fault in that. I know other networks want more users too. That is the goal of all the work we put into this stuff. From Phriek, to Oasiz, to Sparkpea, to VibeSN, to Buzzen and all the others. We are just people doing what we enjoy doing. There is room for everyone. This isn't a competition. This is a community. This is what is left of the MSN days. Most of you remember those days and I"m sure like me if MSN chat came back tomorrow you would flock back to it. I had fun in MSN chat. It led me to where I am today and was part of giving me my profession. I have met so many awesome people over the years because of it. I have had chances to work with a lot of great developers and made many friends because of it. For pretty much everyone that reads this post it is what brought you here to this site. Who knows where any of this will go but at least be open to allowing it to go somewhere.

:oops: slow down you will have me in tears <bcry> next why do you have to explain to me with so many words and another question is why do you fetch a crowd in to support you err0r thought you was your own man :blink: ... omg another warrior and chain im not here for a fight but if you want one you have come to the right man :yes: ... I chat in all networks and the networks I chat I have a good rapour with them networks I dont have to be the best irc coder to do that or be a err0r or chain to grab an hammer ... question why do you let hackers on your forum and let them advertise and maybe im wrong but she is a sysop in buzzen :D as for buzzen they charge you to chat where people look for free chat but them so called small networks dont do that and another thing and I will wink at you and you takes that anyways you want ... but there is more hackers in buzzen than there is in any other network ... im not as dumb as you think or your fellow buzzen connection think as iv seen it the passed ... when I asked help from one of your friends and as I was testing ... yes testing in this site which I do in most site including buzzen on that site I got comment from one of your room owners about this site ... then chain came over all im your friend but then put this in the room

[17:20:39] <~chain> bro I deleted the post about the server shit ok[17:20:45] <~Warrior> ok[17:20:57] <~chain> dont need johnson saying shit about the site[17:21:01] <~chain> lol[17:21:04] <~Warrior> lol

well chain in reply to that its happened :P Karen when your good enough send in the clowns to hack me I will be waiting .... ok err0r you had your say and now Iv had mine and listening my yankee fella im not as daft as I act ok :D you never knows where In am or who I am ....BAN :D