Chainscriptz

chain

• Site Moderator

Ok did a few updates played with colors and came up with a nice theme, been working on modules and setting things up. By september this will be the new ChainScriptz.net. Have a few modules to install but have to modify a few of them. looking for simple and non scrolling website, easy on the member just a click away. The site will be mainly for IRC and coding and scripts with a few chat servers such as Buzzen and etc. the ones that stay on line for a few years. Plus a lot of the IRC servers. Due to the lack of IRC websites this is why I decided to go this way. Anyways enough of the blah blah its going to be fun working with this website.

• 2 months later...

Good choice. Drupal was one of the features that came with my hosting package. I actually will be going with Dolphin for my store though, and PHP Fusion for my forum.

I was also told that Drupal forums are PHP based, by the people at Drupal. So set up shouldn't be too bad.

Looks good, best of luck.

• 3 months later...
  • Site Moderator

Well Finally I can say that we have made a lot of changes on chainscriptz from PHPbb3 to Drupal but the best is now we are using IPB. yes after hearing so much about it and seeing Koach also move to it and err0r has been after for years to go with IPB, it's has been done, and to be honest I happy with that choice its incredable and so much easier to do things. The only main thing we are still trying to establish is if we will be using content or the same as what err0r uses. I have also change the icons and structure a lot of stuff with the help of my partner Eyecu and err0r who has taught me a lot. Its comming along great and its suiting my needs quite well and I'm happy with the out come so far. We als now have intergrated our webchat on the website and let me tell you that wasnt an easy task for Eyecu, but he did it last nite and prevailed. the only thing is that you have no need to sign in with password as the server dosent use what the website forum dose. all you have to do is sign in the forum and then click on webchat and your name will appear in the box already, no need for password. we will be still workin gon things but hey its a huge stepping stone for us. As now we dont have to build a frame around our webchat we use the best thing our website!! Also we have changed the emoticons to different ones as i have taken out the standard ones and added these new ones as i felt i need a whole new look not just the big things but also the little things, So far as I see it the project is at 55% completed, we still have a ways to go but its a start and comming along nicely. And the best part is i have a err0r smiley and a fiesty smiley LOL hehehehe. Hope you all like the new look!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Site Moderator

Just to give a little update to chains post. In no small part from err0r, we now have profiles working from the webchat. This will only work if the nick in chat is registered on the site. It's not perfect yet I still have to code it so that if the nick isn't registered on the site it will bring you to a page that tells you so. As it stands now it just brings you to the default ipb error page lol. I'm quite happy with the outcome so far, and thanks to err0r for all your help and advice with ipb it's more then greatly appreciated.

• Site Moderator

Yeah plus not to mention we keep just going and upgrading. There are a few more things we are working on to improve the site and the chat. Eyecu has gotten better in IPB and has achived making a mod for webchat on ipb. If this works good, this will enable us to differ the difference from staff and owners. We've come a long way in the past 3 weeks and with err0r and eyecu we have achived beyond my goals.

I have also redone the icons for webchat for now!!

Posted Image

Edited by chain