Parachat Script/bot--Need Help!

tobitatsu

Hello,

I need help connecting to Parachat using a bot I'm developing. I can connect to the server via TCP, but I'm unable to get any responses from it. I suspect it's because I'm unable to find the proper protocol to communicate with the server (Parachat claims to use a superset IRC protocol, but its unresponsive to any commands). If anyone could help me get responses back from the server I'd greatly appreciate it.

Information: Parachat is a client/server chat-room. It operates using TCP (6543) but can alternatively function using HTTP (80). The server is run on their systems and is said to "no longer support IRC clients," though it "operates on a superset protocol of IRC."

- Server (TCP): 64.13.158.25 port 6543

- Decompiled Java code for the chat client: http://www.mediafire.com/?pcwjq0irhtpf9lx

According to their forums, Parachat has ceased to support the IRC protocol due to potential security risks. That being said you should cease trying to connect via native mIRC.

On another note, with advanced knowledge of TCP sockets and mIRC scripting language, you could make some type of client using mIRC. If you do not have both of the above qualifications, it is very unlikely you will b able to connect via mIRC.

Good luck ;)

They probably just put together a custom IRC server that doesn't follow the conventions in order to keep people from easily accessing their servers via third party applications. From a business standpoint this is probably just a way of justifying their pay service. What you need to do is get a packet analyzer (Ethereal is a good one) and connect to their servers and see what information their java client is sending to the server in order to initiate the client-server authentication as well as learn their server commands. From their you can put together a script or bot connect to their servers. If you aren't knowledgeable with scripting or programming you could publish the information you find about their servers on the forums and you might get some help from the members here.