Spcn / Channel Modes

JOhnson

:oops: I dont know if anyone can help me on this one ... but iv got to ask this as its annoying me ... im using mirc 6.35 but this has also happened with old mirc of late in SPCN. My script holds owner status and when I click on Channel Modes ... all I get is * Retrieving %#RoomName modes... but no dialog ... now take the owner status from the script and I can see the Channel Modes dialog but cant change the topic ... anyone have an idea "why" Edited by JOhnson

They restrict that to oper only. Probably because you can set hostname +b bans, and hostname bans and range ban information is more likely to be usefull to staff not reagular users, on a gatekeeper passport based chat system.

Edited by Chief

They restrict that to oper only. Probably because you can set hostname +b bans, and hostname bans and range ban information is more likely to be usefull to staff not reagular users, on a gatekeeper passport based chat system.

Hi Chief ... I asked in the SPCN helpdesk and was told to do this in my mirc script // PROP #topic: test one to three ... :lolwave: it worked but maybe I should have put the topic I wanted to put in i.e // PROP # topic: "This is the best chatroom in sparkpea.net"... the thing is im using vincula 5.1.8 and like iv sed before Iv had no problem in the pass with a owner status changing the topic in the channel modes untill a few weeks ago. So I dont know what to ask anymore or where to go to find the answer .... by the way iv tried this with one or two other connections and got the same result no gold hammer and you can see channel modes but cant change the topic. nasi tuke for you comment Chief as I do learn from what you reply to (might take me a bit longer than the rest) :lolwave:

Hi Chief ... I asked in the SPCN helpdesk and was told to do this in my mirc script // PROP #topic: test one to three ... :lolwave: it worked but maybe I should have put the topic I wanted to put in i.e // PROP # topic: "This is the best chatroom in sparkpea.net"... the thing is im using vincula 5.1.8 and like iv sed before Iv had no problem in the pass with a owner status changing the topic in the channel modes untill a few weeks ago. So I dont know what to ask anymore or where to go to find the answer .... by the way iv tried this with one or two other connections and got the same result no gold hammer and you can see channel modes but cant change the topic. nasi tuke for you comment Chief as I do learn from what you reply to (might take me a bit longer than the rest) :lolwave:

Its probably more like.

.raw prop $chan topic :Topic Message

:lmaojump: I understand what a lot of you are saying and have taking note of all your comments ... but this isnt an issue with vincula ... as iv tried the very basic of connection and you cant get anymore basic than that code that Warrior gave me ages ago :D Happens with that and all :(

on *:START: server three.irc.sparkpea.net 6667 
on *:CONNECT: { 
if ($network == Sparkpea.Net) { 
if (!%SPCNemail) set %SPCNemail $?="Please input your email address for this account" 
if (!%SPCNpasswd) set %SPCNpasswd $?*"Please input your password for this account" 
nickserv identify %SPCNemail %SPCNpasswd 
list 
} 
}