changelog.txt ignitionServer.vbw monitor prjMigWiz.vbw

classmodules installer passcrypt prjMonitor.vbp

codemodules ircx.conf pictures prjMonitor.vbw

control ircx.motd prjControl.vbp prjPassCrypt.vbp

docs migwiz prjControl.vbw prjPassCrypt.vbw

ignitionServer.vbp migwiz.cftpl prjMigWiz.vbp resource

[ebraracom@acro ignitionserver]$

server start command ?

The server autostarts when windows is loaded (when your pc is booted up). For example, Windows XP version of I.S has a Ignitionmonitor running. To check if the server is running, try opening Mirc or a related program and type in /server 127.0.0.1. It should connect you to Ignition Server. another way (i think) you could check is by connecting to the server you used in the configuration File.

Example: "whatever.yourIRCdomain.is" in the config file.

Ziggy can correct me if im wrong or advise you more if i have missed something.

Reading the readme.txt and visiting his website / support forum will help alot more as well.

Support Forum

Homepage

Mr_S, you're right mostly. The server doesn't autostart unless you configure ignitionServer Monitor to do so. And it won't start with Windows unless you configure it to do so. Of course, there's UI for that. Also, ignitionServer can't magically create DNS entries, so whatever you enter in the config file won't work unless you make the appropriate change to your HOSTS file (comes with Windows).

However, it looks like he's wanting to install it on his Linux box. Your English appears to be very, very, very poor, so I doubt I can help you, but ignitionServer is currently *only* a native Win32 application (when I rewrite it in C, it'll work on all platforms that support the GNU C Compiler), so you *can* run it under Wine. Well, you should be able to. Maybe not.

Either way, you've downloaded the source and not the binaries -- you can't compile Visual Basic on a Linux box unless you're good at setting up Wine wink.gif. Basically, follow the Wine tutorials and set up Wine, and then install ignitionServer in your ~/fake_windows/Program\ Files/ directory. Reid, a competent UNIX/Linux admin, couldn't get it to work at all for him, but YMMV (your mileage may vary).

However, if you are looking for a Linux IRCX daemon, take a sniff at mooircd. I don't know if they're still developing it or not, but it's worth a try.

Sorry but can i just say YAY to me being mostly right. I.S was the 1st server i ever attempted to self config. Still use its configs to help out ppl on msgr stuck on IS... Still them 2 support forum when stuck meself tho tongue.gif lol

Sorry but can i just say YAY to me being mostly right.  I.S was the 1st server i ever attempted to self config.  Still use its configs to help out ppl on msgr stuck on IS...  Still them 2 support forum when stuck meself tho tongue.gif  lol

lower-case i, bolded S.. also, no . wink.giftongue.gif

iS tongue.gif

They knew what I meant. So I believe that this job was done suffciently enough to warrant a pat on the back, even if it is from myself.

Punctuaton and grammer does not play a part in my helping to answer questions posted on this forum. I hope my punctuation on this reply to your comment has been satisfactory for you M2Ys4U and that I may be able to continue my "work" within this forum so to speak.

Or in the short version i dont care bout punctuation, grammer or cap I's where applicable. As long as ive helped and not hindered it doesnt really matter to me personally.. This isnt English lit lessons all of a sudden now is it? tongue.gif:Ptongue.gif:Plol_sign.gif