Mirc Theme Alignment...

Kronicdreamer

I've never been able to get the -i switch to work...

/echo -i4ta $chan [ $nick ] $1-

I end up using $chr(160) ... Any ideas?

It probably looks funny cuz its not MSN IRC code lol ... or is it the haltdef at the top?

Or mebbe it's the !.msg ....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been able to get the -i switch to work...

/echo -i4ta $chan [ $nick ] $1-

I end up using $chr(160) ... Any ideas?

It probably looks funny cuz its not MSN IRC code lol ... or is it the haltdef at the top?

Or mebbe it's the !.msg ....

Travis, the since you have no other switches with parameters that follow, place the i4 at the end. And the indentation only works if the line is overlapping. So if it has to extend to a new line, it will indent 4 characters. otherwise, it's left alone.

and the !.msg just simply uses the built msg alias ( the "!" does that ) and makes it so it doesn't show in your window, or so it's hidden ( the "." does that ).

thats some goofy looking coding Lol

That's what actual mIRC scripting language ( mSL for short ) looks like. It takes a while to get ahold of most of the tricks, i've been scripting mSL as a hobby for 3 years. and PHP for 6 months. aswell as xhtml/CSS/html

Woah hold on 3 years isnt much on this forum, don't get all c-ock-y lol. (edited to bypass word filter lol)

Most of us have been scripting for over 5 years. Especially Ozzy who actually invented the internet with Al Gore!

And in these years of scripting we have all found that there are many many ways to write the same expression. I personally would never write something like !.msg I don't see a point to it, but hey! I love diversity!

As for the echo, I'm following the switches in the order that Khaled said.

/echo [-cdeghiNtsaqlbfnmr] [#channel|[=]nick] <text>

The issue is I misunderstood the purpose of the indent. I was always expecting it to provide space to the left, instead it indents the wrapped line. Make's sense now. I never bothered much with themes. I'm more of a 'tool creator' than a fancy pretty mirc maker. lol

Thanks for the participation Josh2 lol and welcome to Techgear!

Edited by Travis

I didn't mean to come of as c-ock-y, i was just saying that clean and cropped code should be readable and not just crammed together. Sorry for coming off like that :P. and i know 3 years might not be much, But i do know people who have only scripted for less then a year and know more then i do. So in technicality, 3 years is alot for mSL scripting :P.

Thank you for the heartfelt welcoming by the way :)