Mirc Guest Ban Question

CharmedOne

Ok i got a friend they ae using just a mirc o connect to buzzen. my guest ban works or them on one of their pcs but it dosent work in same mirc on a different pc which has windows 7. Is there a guest ban that will work on windows 7??????????

Guest Travis

Ok i got a friend they ae using just a mirc o connect to buzzen. my guest ban works or them on one of their pcs but it dosent work in same mirc on a different pc which has windows 7. Is there a guest ban that will work on windows 7??????????

We don;t know what your guest ban looks like. I don't see why something simple like,

if (^* iswm $nick) kick # $nick

wouldn't work. It's definitely faster than regex.

Well, I don't think speed will make much of a difference. Yes, that will do it, but I was giving her an alternative so she can try it for herself and see which works. She did mention she already has a guest kick code (which I think it's the one you've provided, Travis) that won't kick for some odd reason.

Hey CharmedOne. Great to see you. If you will, can you please post your code, and we'll see what we can do to help. :)

I use the below code to kick Guests on Buzzen.

on @*:join:#:{ 
  if (< == $left($nick,1)) {  
    kick # $nick : -<[ Please Register Here: http://www.buzzen.com/passport/reg.php . ]>-
    access # add DENY $$address($nick,1) 0 : -=[ Guest Ban ]=-
  }  
}

I edited the original post to add the ban in the code.

Edited by SglCdnMade

Guest Travis

Well the issue isnt that she doesn't have a guest kick. The issue is her guest kick supposedly doesn't work on Windows 7. So to really help Amy we need to see the code.

• 1 year later...

if you want to ban guests from entering the room just ban them in access by /access # add deny >* 0 :Room Guest Ban

:oops: can I not added that in a mrc code as im not sure what you are asking me to do ... im sorry I dont understand what I read ... err0r thanks fella for your help and reply :D