Has Chat Really Died

JOhnson

:oops: Has chat really died ... what makes me ask is where is all the peers rooms in buzzen and when are sparkpea going to get there own ocx and where have all the google adverts gone ... took a look in sparkpea there other day and most of the rooms are empty ... omg what has happened to tg007 the place to help :yes: every up and coming scripter ... god I hope you answer this :lolwave: and no I am not pissed off with you err0r :D ... I will be asking question again ... like where is OZZY :lolwave:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buzzen peer rooms are about the same. 40's and 50's really the only ones ppl use. The lobby is the place for most chatters that were once there.

I know little about sparkpea but i feel their chances of getting a new "ocx" are slim to none.

As for tg007 there is little interest in people that still script to release their work. Even less interest in people learning how to script. Lots still use them but use very outdated ones. Being that not much has changed in the chat functionality there hasn't been a real demand for better scripts. Or at least not enough demand for scripters to come forward.

To be honest tg007 used to be my main priority. Things have changed in that regard. I work on other sites and try to increase my own webdesign business now. That has contributed to tg007's decline in small part.

As for Sparkpea, it's still holding it's own. We never did get a good answer as to what happened with the Google Ad Sense. As for changing OCX format, that is a question that still remains unanswered.

I actually recall on numerous occasions, when i used to visit Sparkpea, the server bot would request users click on the ads to help generate funds for the site. ... That alone, if it was reported would be reason enough for Google to decline ads on the site. It's strictly forbidden in their rules ... but this is just guessing?

Chief ... that was my suspicions as I remember that happening on another chat network ... err0r good to know you are progressing forward and understandably if you lack the time for tg007 that you did before :yes: I also agree if sparkpea were going to get there own ocx it would have happened a long time ago and from what iv seen in there of late it looks like there struggling to finance itself :mellow:

Buzzen does pretty well on google adsense. But they have to in order to pay for all they have. They didn't go the cheap route lol.

All depends on how many users you have as to whether it's worth it or not to have ads. I still have ads here and I make about enough to cover my yearly server costs.

it means that buzzen can't just spend 50 dollars a month for the services they have. A whole lot more goes in to it than just one cheap dedicated server. High priced servers don't mean much when their provider of internet is down. As for downtime buzzen is rarely down due to anything they can control or the amount of money spent. More people use buzzen therefore more people notice when it's down. And when they are down they keep their users updated on exactly what is happening.. Other servers give no explanation for anything that happens. With Buzzen all you have to do it look or ask.

servers were down because staminus had issues in the area where the server farm is located. first time the main fiber optic cable in the area was cut. Their redundancy seems to have failed for a reason i still think is bs. Second case major fire broke out in the area and service had to be re-routed. Neither of which has anything to do with the cost of servers. However the main reason to use that particular hosting is because of the constant ddos attacks buzzen faces. Since then buzzen chat did take steps to prevent this from being an issue in the future. Spending more money mind you.

Smaller chat networks don't have the issues bigger ones do.

there are plenty of solutions for networks to keep their doors open if money is an issue. If your ad revenue can't keep you going alone then you probably have a rather small network which means you don't require services with expensive fees. PK is right, closing for lack of money especially for a small network should be a last resort. As long as you have users you should try to keep going for them.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but many sites have lost traffic, and it's no surprize chat is loosing ground as well. With FaceBook and Twitter, chat will eventually die off. It's just the nature of the technology beast.

As for scripts? Same goes for the lack of interest. That and the fact that grammer school kids have options to learn most coding language in 4th grade.

FB & Twitter have forever changes the social media and communication structure.

Think about this;

How many of you still pick up a phone and actually make a call? Texting has started taking over. For some reason people find it easier to text or post then to chat or use a vioce to communicate with people. I get so mad at people about this!

It's really kind of sad. By 'sad', I mean pathetic. Not tear bringing.

Nothing lasts forever. Times change and so do people.