Irc.irchainscriptz.net

chain

• Site Moderator

I have recently been looking to advance the server a bit and seeing as to what I can do with it. As someone from another server mentioned to me make a gaming server. Well the thought had crossed my mind..but no too much effort and really theres a lot of gamers servers on freenet. So what else could i do with the server? ok lets look at what the server dose really for me.

1. Test scripts

2. Tests snippets

3. Learn how a server works & commands

4. Add a decent webchat

5. Have firends come on.

So all of what i wanted the server to do is doing, so any hints as to what else we can do with the server? have any idea's suggestions bounce them around, and I'll look into it. (I'm Bored as usual LOL)

• 2 months later...
  • Site Moderator

I have recently been looking to advance the server a bit and seeing as to what I can do with it. As someone from another server mentioned to me make a gaming server. Well the thought had crossed my mind..but no too much effort and really theres a lot of gamers servers on freenet. So what else could i do with the server? ok lets look at what the server dose really for me.

1. Test scripts

2. Tests snippets

3. Learn how a server works & commands

4. Add a decent webchat

5. Have firends come on.

So all of what i wanted the server to do is doing, so any hints as to what else we can do with the server? have any idea's suggestions bounce them around, and I'll look into it. (I'm Bored as usual LOL)

Well finally been playing with the icons on the nicklist. now its to do the coloring for each position on the nicklist!! heres what it looks like so far, after its making a base around the lightirc!

Posted Image

• Site Moderator

Just to give a little update on IRChainScriptz network.

We have recently done some changes to the servers to make it a little more user friendly. The server names now match their locations:

chi.il.us.irchainscriptz.net = Chicago Illinois United States

los.ca.us.irchainscriptz.net = Los Angeles California United Stats

mon.gb.ca.irchainscriptz.net = Montreal Quebec Canada

Also irc.irchainscriptz.net is now a round robin url. So you can use that and it will connect to anyone of the servers on the network. So if one server is down that will connect to the next server in the list.

Also all the ircd servers and the services have been upgraded to the latest builds. Please make sure to use the built in help systems as there are new and or changed commands. Most notably is the chanserv register command. There is no longer a founder password for channels so when your register a channel the command is now /cs register #channel_name description

The old command was /cs register #channel_name password description. So if your scripts are setup to this your normal channel passwords will show up in the channel description. You may notice me +qo in your channel this is because i need +q to reset your description to not include this password. If i do find it and remove it I will pm the channel founder to let them know.

Also with the new services, they have full support for mysql now so this means we can now start to work on a site that will interact with services...IE Register on the site and it will automatically create a Nickserv account. We will keep everyone as upto date as possible on it's development.

Last but not least for now. IRChainScriptz is honoured to announce that we now have a full fledged internet radio station on the network. FNRadio has joined the network and now has there bot running that you can request songs and such through. You can visit FNRadio's site at FNRadio

Thanks All and we will keep everyone updated.

• 3 months later...
  • Site Moderator

Well this is turning out to be a slow process as we have to wait for the domain to be transferred over to site5 so we can reset the dns for the new IRC hosting setup. The network is up and running as of now but no dns is working so the irc.irchainscriptz.net chi.il.us.irchainscriptz.net, los.ca.us.irchainscriptz.net and mon.gb.ca.irchainscriptz.net do not work. For the time being until the dns is up and running you can use the following to connect to the irc network.

East Coast /server 173.255.224.222

West Coast /server 173.255.252.108

European /server 178.79.177.208

Once we get the dns up and running I will post all the new information for the network. Thanks for the patience