Buzzen Non Socket Connection

err0r

Guest Travis

Won't recognize a text event when the nick is using soulfly?

SoulFly should mimic webchat, so text sent should look just like webchat.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea travis it wasent letting any one using soulfy use its commands eg !owner ect due to stye tags but thanks to err0r its fixed now :) and hopefully not a problem any more,just the case of doing a new form for code but no major changes.

as for everything else it is all working as it should

Edited by KnightRider

• 3 months later...

hi every one,im just letting you all know im still working on vade its taking longer than i expected due to problems in my personal life but im hoping to have the beta version out befour december 23rd this year,i was hoping that i could have it done sooner but with all thats going on its proveing impossable but just so you know the work is still on going.

Guest Travis

A non socket connection is normal mirc. It uses the /server command to connect to the server. mIRC handles all the events like text, join, part etc.

A socket connection connects to the server using a socket. /sockopen, /sockread

When you do this the person writing the connection needs to translate most events to mirc.

There are pros and cons to both. On buzzen there are some features you wont be able to use using normal mirc connection. The overall speed really depends on the scripter's knowledge and skill, but generally it is faster to use normal mIRC.

Using a socket to connect allows more freedom. You process the events before mIRC does and then send them to mIRC.

you can do that on non sock.. just send raw CLIENTMODE cd1 once you are connected to a room and it will switch.. after you get the info you can unset it with raw clientmode again.. while it is easier with a socket conn because of joining rooms while in clientmode cd1 with a socket conn it can still be done in a non socket conn.

I think both ways are just as effective. I choose the non socket method because i prefer to use my script over multiple networks.. while at one time i did have a socket conn for two servers in my script and was able to connect everywhere i go it's just easier for me to not use a socket conn at all.

like travis said there are pros and cons to each. anything is possible with either with the right coding. I don't see that there are any limitations to either. Each has their own unique workarounds for things.

Guest Travis

Well why didnt you just say that in the first place?

I thought you had to set clientmode before you connected.

Edited by Travis