Ircx Roomlist

Dippy

Of course.

The reason I'm suggesting populating a database with the channel information is it's infinitely more flexible than just having an on-demand pure html output directly from the server.

For example you might want to re-order the channels by user count not channel name, and/or have channels with certain modes ("r" springs to mind) at the top of the list.

You could even display hidden/secret channels (as well as an "Unlisted" category) for logged in staff members, or choose to hide channels with certain keywords/phrases in their topics.

Your options are endless, and you can easily cache the results for X seconds to improve performance and avoid unnecessary load on the chat server itself.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:oops: iv been watching your site with interest and see a lot of good things even if it is a msn clone using there software but its a start ... I see you still aren't getting any help have you upset someone in tg007 Dippy :shock: lol ... someone must know where you can get a room list from or maybe everyone is on holiday again :lolwave: joking ... well I will keep looking at your place and hope you get what your after ... good luck as the site looks good :D

Um you must be miss-reading. I've helped him several times in this thread.

:oops: im not aiming my comments at you err0r as you have helped me out more times than anyone has and I have always said thank you for that ... you have also taught me a lot so I thank you for that :D ... Yes iv seen the help you have gave Dippy but your not the only one here he is asking and im sure there are loads of php / mirc coders that could answer him even if its to say NO :lolwave: NO is better then no reply ;) ... yes I know the same old question comes up why is he using msn ocx ? :oops: iv asked myself the same question but its a step in the right direction and he can only learn from that and who knows in a few years he might move on to his own ocx :D only time will tell ... Im sorry you took my posting the way you did after watching me post on techgear over the years :D and I would have though that you would have got use to me and my ways :lolwave:

I see you still aren't getting any help have you upset someone in tg007 Dippy :shock: lol ... someone must know where you can get a room list from

It's hard to misunderstand that. He has a roomlist I helped fix it for him. What he is now asking for is way more complicated than just posting a fix here on the forum. First he needs to create a way to get the category, whether it's part of the room name or stored in a database. Then he has to develop a system off of whichever way he chooses.. As I said it's not something that can just be posted here as a quick snippet.

As for ppl willing to help him for pay there are a lot that would.. the net is full of freelance coders.