How To Make Irc Server

andre2k

clbryan26 you just dont have enough time

err0r and i have run an ircd server before and we had problems with users abusing the server

sometimes there just wasnt enough hours in the day to do everything

I would suggest having a chatroom on someone elses server and let them have the problems

It's probably best that you just run a site that links to a chatroom..in most cases the people that run the chat servers have no time to find your room if put it in a hidden category. I have run rooms hidden for months without being discovered by admins, something I might reconsider with my drupal setup.

I don't really want to make a room and hide. That seems rather pointless. I also think that any server admin or staff that does not know what is going on on their server is probably not doing the best job. I can imagine that there are far to many users and rooms to know each personally; however, simply visiting around randomly and finding out what is going on is a good idea.

That's kind-of why I want to have my own server; to keep attitudes and ideas such as having to hide and being sneaky to a minimum and give those who actually want to chat in a nicer, more professional atmosphere a place to be.

• 2 weeks later...

:lmaojump:

Well... after seriously considering all the advice here about starting my own chat network; I am officially going to just give up.

I appreciate the good advice and the input. It seems though that ChatCore has pretty much done what I was planning to do.

Thanks!

Corey