A day in the life of sparkpea

Guest Travis

SO I had a lovely day yesterday. It being the holidays I spent it shopping with my mother. I got home pretty late and when I did I made the mistake of checking my mIRC. Lately I have been checking out other servers cuz VSIXc, though it is growing, is pretty dead. I've found some old friends on Sparkpea and SCN so I;ve been idling in their rooms to help support them. Ive been using my VSIXc script and the only code I have written for either of these networks is just a few lines to auto connect to the server.

Well I look and noticed Ive been kicked and banned from each room I was in on Sparkpea by Sysop Power. Now I've posted in their forum, this morning I was able to join their helpdesk as a guest, but no response is given. I know that "Power" and the other SPCN admins check here, so I'm hoping this will catch their eye.

Check this out, this is pretty funny actually. Mind you I was 50 miles away and my script has NO CODE for sparkpea. Just the basic mIRC auto-reconnect.

[17:37] * You were kicked by Ëden (Parking TIme Expired)

[17:37] * Attempting to rejoin channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:37] * Rejoined channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:37] * Travis sets mode: +v Travis

[17:38] * You were kicked by Ëden (Parking Time Expired (Access ban set for 15 minutes))

[17:38] * Attempting to rejoin channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:38] * Rejoined channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:38] * Travis sets mode: +v Travis

[17:39] * Moderator sets mode: +i

[17:39] * You were kicked by Moderator (Parking Time Expired.)

[17:39] * Attempting to rejoin channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:39] * Rejoined channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:39] * Travis sets mode: +v Travis

[17:39] * Moderator sets mode: -i

[17:41] * Moderator sets mode: +l 1

[17:41] * Moderator sets mode: +i

[17:41] * You were kicked by Moderator (Parking Time Expired.)

[17:41] * Attempting to rejoin channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:41] * Rejoined channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:41] * Travis sets mode: +v Travis

[17:41] * Moderator sets mode: -i

[17:41] * Moderator sets mode: +l 50

OK now the sysop comes in ...

Mind you, around 5:41 I was flirting with the girl in the shoe section about 50 miles away. Bought some nice shoes too. Sketchers.

So in the other rooms IM in, hosted and ownered, Power comes in to ban me for violating some COC. I guess christmas shopping with your mom is against the rules.

[17:44] * 'Sysop_Power has joined %#~Voyager~Inn~

[17:44] * 'Sysop_Power sets mode: +q 'Sysop_Power

[17:44] * You were kicked by 'Sysop_Power (Violation of SPCN Code of Conduct)

[17:44] * Attempting to rejoin channel %#~Voyager~Inn~

[17:44] * Rejoined channel %#~Voyager~Inn~

[17:44] * Travis sets mode: +q Travis

[17:44] * 'Sysop_Power has joined %#!!!!!!!!!!'[south\bPole]'!!!!!!!!!!

[17:44] * 'Sysop_Power sets mode: +q 'Sysop_Power

[17:45] * You were kicked by 'Sysop_Power (Violation of SPCN Code of Conduct)

[17:45] * Attempting to rejoin channel %#!!!!!!!!!!'[south\bPole]'!!!!!!!!!!

[17:45] * Rejoined channel %#!!!!!!!!!!'[south\bPole]'!!!!!!!!!!

[17:45] * Travis sets mode: +o Travis

[17:45] * You were kicked by 'Sysop_Power (Violation of SPCN Code of Conduct)

[17:45] * Attempting to rejoin channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:45] * Rejoined channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:45] * Travis sets mode: +v Travis

[17:46] * 'Sysop_Power has joined %#After\bHours\b

[17:46] * 'Sysop_Power sets mode: +q 'Sysop_Power

[17:46] * You were kicked by 'Sysop_Power (Disruptive Behaviour)

[17:46] * Attempting to rejoin channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:46] * Rejoined channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:46] * Travis sets mode: +v Travis

[17:46] <ŘÄŘ> Hi Power :D

[17:48] * You were kicked by 'Sysop_Power (Banned (24 Hours))

[17:48] * Attempting to rejoin channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:48] * Rejoined channel %#After\bHours\b

(I dont have any code I wrote that sets +v onjoin.)

[17:48] * Travis sets mode: +v Travis

[17:48] <'Sysop_Power> setting +v on join eh ?

[17:48] <'Sysop_Power> not a problem play all ya want ..

[17:48] <Ëden> 02huh?

[17:49] <ŘÄŘ> I tried setting +i then kicking him, came right back :S

[17:50] * You were kicked by 'Sysop_Power (Disruptive Behaviour)

[17:50] * Attempting to rejoin channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:50] * Rejoined channel %#After\bHours\b

[17:50] * Travis sets mode: +v Travis

[17:51] * Disconnected

[17:51] * 'Sysop_Services has joined %#!!!!!!!!!!'[south\bPole]'!!!!!!!!!!

[17:51] * 'Sysop_Services sets mode: +q 'Sysop_Services

[17:51] * You were kicked by 'Sysop_Services (Violating the Code of Conduct - [http://www.sparkpea.net/conduct.php])

I guess at this point he banned my account.

I posted here because I've tried posting on their "forum" and have received no response. I've sent a PM to the starlite girl. Nothing.

I posted these logs because it was a bit funny and moreover ridiculous. It is not fault if you cannot ban me. Why you would ban me in the firts place is beyond me. I didn't do anything. So anyways, Sysop Power? Anyone for SPCN? Any answers please??

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest X-Fusion
I know I've had problems with you in the past, but, thats a tad bit ridiculous. From my end, I don't see anything posted that you did wrong. I don't see any real provocation for a ban besides the fact that your voicing yourself onjoin. Is that not allowed on Sparkpea or somethin? :blink:

I;ve had problems with YOU in the past and any problem you had was me having a problem with YOU X. I swear!! :notworking:

I dont have any code to set +v onjoin. Nor does mIRC. Only time that happens is like on Phreik when the server does it.

HAHA< ok they figured it out. The room owner set +v for everyone in the room. So they set +i and of course I rejoin. Anyone would. Banned? I have voice, everyone did. LOL too funny. Paranoia will destroy ya. Remember that song?

Regardless they banned me from the whole server because of one room owners Noobish error. This doesn't reflect sparkpea as a whole. Just the one sysop's poor decisions. But these aren't professional companies. These are networks run by scripters so what can I expect. Guide_Moonlight was very helpfull in figuring out the problem. Thanks!

Edited by Travis

Can't blame the whole network for one sysop's actions. Granted sysop and guide represents the network so whatever bs they pull represents the network. But they figured out what the problem was. Im still banned with no real apology. I didn't want the person who helped me to apologize. Wasn;t their fault.

It's all good as far as Im concerned. I lodged a complaint about being banned from the whole server, kicked from rooms I was host and owner in. I'll let them handle it.

Can't blame the whole network for one sysop's actions. Granted sysop and guide represents the network so whatever bs they pull represents the network. But they figured out what the problem was. Im still banned with no real apology. I didn't want the person who helped me to apologize. Wasn;t their fault.

It's all good as far as Im concerned. I lodged a complaint about being banned from the whole server, kicked from rooms I was host and owner in. I'll let them handle it.

we all make mistakes and thats how we learn

i see the sysop might have come up to something he hasnt had to deal with befor and delt with it the only way he knew how, next time he might wait and see who and why +v is being set , as i said he might have paniced and done the frist thing thatg came to his head(humm you all must have forgotten Sysop_AfterShock) i know i havnt (IP band about 60 times in a yr)

Edited by pony

Guest X-Fusion
Yeah, the person that set +v must not know to much about how it works. Same with the sysop that did the banning. I don't like using +v onjoin to much though, but, with VSIXc, I just use +e. :D Anyway, Merry Christmas and all that good junk.